Hotwire Hotel: 3* New York City (Long Island City) Wyndham Garden Long Island City

bond316
By bond316,
in

Hey everyone, looking to stay in NYC for one night...3/29 - 3/30

Currently I see a hotwire deal in MSG 3.5* FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Boutique Hotel, Smoke Free Rooms, Fitness Center, Restaurant(s), Business Center, Internet access, Accessible for the blind, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Wheelchair accessible, Accessible bathroom, Handicapped parking, Roll-in shower

Which seems like the Yotel - TS for about $120.

Priceline.Express Deals after SPRING14 comes out to about $160 at a 4*. A 3.5* is very slightly cheaper.

My question is do you think the HOTWIRE deal will be the cheapest? Or is there a chance via name your own price? I was thinking hotwire given the different/limited rebid zones now. Seems like 4.5* is the sweet spot for rebid...

Thanks!

If the $120 rate is the best deal you can get thru HOTWIRE or PRICELINE EXPRESS... why not bid up to ~$110 (or whatever amount you think is appropriate given the other rates you're seeing) and if rejected then take the best offer thru HOTWIRE or PRICELINE EXPRESS?

On PRICELINE EXPRESS i'm also seeing (all before 5% discount):

4* MTW for $131/nite

3.5* MSG for $128/nite

3.5* MTE for $136/nite

3.5* ESB for $140/nite (with a 9.0/10.0 user review rating so perhaps a bit more for a 'known' good quality hotel... and also includes breakfast)

As you can see rates are not high for your dates so it really depends what you're looking for from this stay and what is important to you regarding cost, star rating, reviews, location, etc.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you for sharing your results with the board.

I believe there may have been more amenities than you listed in your post, which would not have been seen unless you clicked the 'See all' link during the check-out process.

Can you please add a reply to this thread confirming the full list of amenities associated with this property... you can still view this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks.. enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I think HOTWIRE has stopped showing the full list of amenities in the profile purchase history.

For future searches/bookings you can do the following to ensure you're seeing the complete list:

1) use the EASY VIEW tab at our BiddingHelper.com and click the green 'See all amenities' button

OR

2) if the hotel is not appearing in the BiddingHelper.com, you can do the following:

-search HOTWIRE and click the offer

-on the next page click the BOOK NOW button

-in the TRIP SUMMARY box click the 'See more' link at the end of the list of amenities

Thanks for the follow-up.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]