Priceline Hotel: 2* Seattle (Bothell) Extended Stay America Seattle - Bothell - West

604_lady
By 604_lady,
in

My travel dates are 03/27/14-03/30/14 in the Seattle area.

I was going to try and get a similar bid that someone on this site recently got. ( 2 star/Lynnwood Extended Stay America Seattle first bid $32 rejected, second bid $34 won) BUT after reading horrible reviews about the non smoking rooms not always being kept as a non smoking room, I just don't want to take a chance and have to smell cigarette smoke in a room!

My question is, what would be a good starting bid or bid strategy for the following areas and star levels I am open to?

3* Tukwila/Renton

2.5* University Washington-Northgate

3 * Lynnwood

3.5* Seattle airport

Thanks!

Which zone(s) and star rating(s) is it that you want to bid on first? Are you looking to choose only one star rating/zone above to bid on OR will you be trying for the least expensive in multiple acceptable zones and bidding more than one zone at a time?

What is your maximum budget per nite for this trip?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I would be okay with bidding the least expensive and bidding in multiple zones.

My only reasoning for the different star levels in certain zones is that I am trying to avoid certain hotels in these particular zones,  that have a lower star level.

I would like to spend under $55 a night, if possible. Breakfast included would be a bonus, but not a must.

So based upon the zones, star rating, and hotels you're trying to target/avoid, what do you want to try for first?

Keep in mind that the star rating you select is the minimum that you're willing to accept, so if for example you're bidding 2.5* in the University zone because you don't want one of the 3* or 3.5* hotels in the zone, you can't safely bid 2.5* in this zone since your 2.5* bid could be upgraded to a higher rated hotels.

Of the hotels you're trying to avoid, what are the star levels and in which zone(s) are they located?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The zones and star levels that I am trying to avoid:

Lynnwood: 2* & 2.5*

Tukwila/Renton: 2.5* & 2*

University WA-Northgate: 2*

SEA-Airport: 1* & 2* & 2.5* & 3*

Since I have never stayed in the Lynnwood zone, or the University WA-Northgate zone that might be a good starting point.

First bid $45 Lynnwood zone min 3* = failed

Second bid $47 added University WA/Northgate zone min 3* = failed

Third bid $49 added Tukwila/Renton zone min 3* = failed

I will probably wait till tomorrow (24 hours) to bid again, as I don't want to get a 3 star hotel in the Seattle Airport zone. If that doesn't work I will probably just do a PRICELINE EXPRESS deal.

For Seattle airport 3.5* there are heaps of free rebid zones (there are no 3.5* or higher hotels in Bothell, Des Moines, Kent, Kirkland, Lake Union, Lynnwood, Mukilteo, Newcastle, North Everett, Seattle North-Edmonds or Tukwila). Using the right bidding strategy you could bid in tiny increments up to your maximum without having to wait another day.

(edited to add more)

There is a PRICELINE EXPRESS deal showing for your dates at $57/night Seattle Airport plus fees and taxes. After the 5% discount code it's already below your maximum. But if you want to try for cheaper you could:

- Take note of the all-in price for this Express deal after fees, taxes & discount

- Drop to, say, $45 and bid for 3.5* Seattle Airport. Note the all-in price before committing.

- Add a free rebid zone and add $2 to your bid. If there is no 3.5* or higher hotel in the zone you added, there is no chance you will actually get a hotel in that zone, and there are 11 such zones to choose from!

- Repeat until either you win or the all-in price reaches what you would have paid for pl Express.

I decided to just wait the 24 hours to bid from scratch, and rethink a bidding strategy. Bid $35 in the Bothell zone 2 star and won at the Extended Stay Bothell-West. I am happy that I will be saving money and will be able to use that saved money towards doing fun things while in Seattle! 

I just came back from using the Lynnwood Extended Stay America property and need to add a couple notes.

As of January of this year the ENTIRE hotel is NON smoking. The carpeting has been replaced and the tvs in the rooms have been upgraded to LG 32" flat panels. I had an excellent experience staying on the third floor. The real bonus is having a kitchenette in each room, saves big time from dining out continually. The breakfast is minimal but at $34/night really can't complain.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]