Hotwire Hotel: 3 1/2 Star Pasadena

jodi06
By jodi06,
in

Hi

Searched in Bidding Helper  for 1 room  1 May 2014 to 10 May 2014 in Pasadena. Have done a fair bit of research into hotels in the area, and given the limited number of hotels I thought it would be easy to guess. My question relates to the 3 1/2 star propertywith amenities:

Pet friendly

smoke free rooms

fitness centre

pool(s)

restaurants(s)

business centre

self-service laundry

internet access

tennis nearby

in-room accessbility.

Price: 105.00 (showing as being reduced from $242.00)

My guess is the Sheraton, but this hotel does not have a self-service laundry, I emailed them and asked. I had this issue once before in Brooklyn, where the Sheraton was listed as having a laundry when it didn't and when I complained to Hotwire they gave me a $50.00 voucher.

I think Hotwire needs to be accurate, even if they leave amentities out to try and trick us, they shouldn't make them up!

I noticed on the Priceline forum that on the 12 March someone got this hotel for $80.00 on Priceline name your own bid, so may try this.

Do you agree with my guess?

Thanks for your help.

I will book through the link and let you know the outcome.

Thanks

Jodi

Please provide a follow-up for your prior Las Vegas Hotwire thread (post what you decided for that stay within that thread, then reply to this thread and we would be happy to take a look and try to ID the above listing.)

Also, for the above listing:

I believe there are more amenities then what you have posted above as HOT.WIRE has a new interface that does not show the complete set of amenities unless you click thru a few extra links.

If you repeat your search using our Bidding.Helper.com tool... use the HOTWIRE EASY VIEW tab and then click the GREEN BUTTON next to this listing, do you see more amenities then what you have listed above?

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Hot.wire's laundry listing generally seems to cover laundry in general (may be coin, sending out via a service, etc.)

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Hi

I have updated the Las Vegas enquiry.

Have gone back to BiddingHelper.com, 3 1/2 star Pasadena hotel now $103.00 per night. I clicked on the green button and the amenities are as shown in the earlier post.

The other 3 1/2 star hotel in Pasadena Courtyard by Marriott does have a self-service laundry but no pets, which makes me think this is the Sheraton.

Thanks for any help.

Jodi

I agree that the best guess for the one above would be the Sheraton.

The amenity information is provided to HOTWIRE by the hotel. While i agree that the listing should be accurate, i don't believe that there is any intentional misrepresentations. When a hotel offers Laundry services (ie- they send dry cleaning and/or bulk laundry off-premises and return to your room the following day), they sometimes mistakenly check-off the 'Laundry' box when providing the amenity list to HOTWIRE.

Since this an extended stay you could see if this same property is offered for the first (or last) nite of your stay and then again for the balance. If so, you could purchase the solo nite in order to 'look behind the curtain'. If you're happy with the results purchase the remaining nites, if not, make alternate plans for the balance of your stay.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]