Hotwire Hotel: 4* New York City (Madison Square Garden - Hell's Kitchen) Wyndham New Yorker Hotel

Julie_d
By Julie_d,
in

Hello,

Because I've never used PRICELINE or HOTWIRE before I'd like some tips for bidding.I will be staying in New york may 10th till may 19th.

I've looked at a lot of hotels but in this period the prices are pretty high so I decided to try with PRICELINE.

The area's that I want to bid on are:

Midtown west

Midtown east

Times square

Madison square garden

Thats my top 4 area but I'm also willing to add the empire state building area.

I don't really know with what amount I should start the bidding.But the maximum amount for me is around $270 per night.So how high or low should my first bid be?

Welcome to BetterBidding!

You should be able to get a 4* hotel in one of your top 4 zones at $270 or less... so did you only want to include these four in your bidding, or is budget a factor and if a lower priced 4* hotel is available in the ESB zone you would prefer that? (NOTE: at the moment i do think 4* may be the least expensive of all 5 zones)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed and we will advise accordingly.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

When bidding 4* in NYC you have ONE re-bid zone. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* MTW...

Bid $160, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $170, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* MTE...

Select 4* TS...

Select 4* MSG...

Select 4* MTW and MTE...

Bid $175, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $180, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* TS and MSG...

Bid $175, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $180, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* MTW and TS...

Bid $185, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $190, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* MTE and MSG...

Bid $185, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $190, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* MTW and MSG...

Bid $195, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $200, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* MTE and TS...

Bid $195, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $200, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* MTW, MTE, TS...

Bid $203, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $205, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* MTW, MTE, MSG...

Bid $203, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $205, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* MTW, MTE, TS, MSG...

Bid $208, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $210

Any questions feel free to ask. If the above is rejected PRICELINE EXPRESS has a $246/nite hotel (but clicking the link it goes down to $222, and using the discount link and code in my signature brings this down to $211/nite) with:

Restaurant, Free Internet in public areas, Business Center, Fitness Center

... and you can take this if the bidding strategy above is rejected.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I bid $160 for the MTW area,as to be expected my bid was rejected.

I read the link you posted about the re-bidding.But I still don't understand everything completly.English isn't my native language so maybe some things got lost in translation.

There is only ONE re-bid zone for bidding 4*,but after my bid was declined I could add more than one zone?

I didn't want to bid again since it wasn't exactly clear how it would work.

I think I'm going to read some more about the whole re-bid zone thing before I'm going to bid again.

I also looked at the express deals and I'll keep them in mind,there are some nice discounts on there.

I didn't want to bid again since it wasn't exactly clear how it would work.

Better to stop and ask questions rather than make a mistake!

PRICELINE will allow you to add any zone(s) you want, but if you only want to stick with the original zone(s) you're currently bidding, you only want to add zones where the highest star rating available is lower than the star rating you're bidding. (if you don't understand this just yet, not too worry, we'll explain with an example and i'm sure get you up to speed)...

Try the following:

1) Use the PRICELINE search box on the upper right of this page, enter New Orleans and your dates, and click "GO".

2) List each zone that is offered in this region.

3) Next to each zone list the highest star rating offered in the zone. The way to determine the highest star rating offered in the zone is by selecting the first zone i the list, then scrolling down to see the highest star rating selectable (ie- not greyed out). NEXT UNcheck the selected zone, place a checkmark in the next zone, and repeat the process for each zone in the region. Each time you take note of the highest star rating in the zone, make sure that only ONE zone is selected above.

4) post your findings and we'll take it from there

Yes, it's correct that the morningside heights-harlem zone is your free zone when bidding 4*.

Thank you for keeping us updated with what you decide. Please let us know if you have any questions.

Good luck with your bidding!

Please use the PRICELINE and hot.wire links on the board to begin your purchases and searches.

Yellowdog.

Since the server on priceline is still offline I was looking around at hotwire.

I found a nice offer in the madison square garden/hells kitchen area.

It's a 4* hotel,these are the amenities listed:

Free internet

Smoke free rooms

Fitness center

Restaurant

Business center

Golf nearby

Accessible for the blind

Accessible for the deaf

The price is $178 per night.

When I looked at the hotel list  I would think it is the new yorker hotel

It also says the last person that booked this got the wyndham new yorker.

Is this for the same date/s as your other/current Priceline New York thread?

Also, for the above listing:

I believe there are more amenities then what you have posted above as HOT.WIRE has a new interface that does not show the complete set of amenities unless you click thru a few extra links.

If you repeat your search using our Bidding.Helper.com tool... use the HOTWIRE EASY VIEW tab and then click the GREEN BUTTON next to this listing, do you see more amenities then what you have listed above?

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Yes it is for the same date as in the other thread ( may 10th till may 19th)

I used the BiddingHelper.com tool and the full list of amenities is this:

Free Internet, Smoke Free Rooms, Fitness Center, Restaurant(s), Business Center, Internet access, Golf Nearby, Accessible for the blind, Accessible for the deaf, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Roll-in shower

• 9 months later...

Thank you for closing this thread and sharing your win with the board.

Please remember to follow-up your threads with your wins/decisions as you make them so that others can benefit from the information in a timely manner.

Hope you enjoyed your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]