Priceline Hotel: Need help. Seatle 4* pike place 23-26 April

eqpablon
By eqpablon,
in

I have been unsuccessful for roughly a month. I have bid every day starting at $75 and working my way up to $105 with rebids. No luck. I even tried the same thing with 3.5* hotels and no luck. I have done research to see if something major is going on in Seattle that might cause hotel prices to spike, but I can't see any major events going on during that time.

Are my expectations out of whack? Seems like I see lots of sub $100 success for 4* in pike place...

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Rates are date specific so you can't really compare past one's with your upcoming stay.

I think you're looking at approx $130-140 to hit a 4* and maybe $20 less for a 3.5* hotel.

What is max budget/night before tax/fee's?

If you would like to get help with a bidding strategy so please post your budget/night before tax/fees, zone(s) you're willing to stay in and the star rating for the hotel.

Let us know how we can help you further with your stay.

Please use the PRICELINE and hot.wire links on the board to begin your purchases and searches.

Yellowdog.

I don't know your travel plans, but if you are arriving at the airport late in the day, or departing very early, maybe an airport hotel would serve for your first or last night.  The 3 and 3.5* hotels there are more in the $60 to $70 range.  Combining this with a couple nights downtown at the much higher rate, your overall average could still be within your budget.

There is very handy light rail transportation from the SEA downtown.   

Romelle

PS - looking at individual nights via Hot.wire, it seems your last night is the most expensive one.

There is a specialty coffee convention taking place during these dates and i would assume that this would be a decent sized event, given the Seattle location.

The best rate i'm currently seeing for a 4* hotel in this zone is $256/nite, so it's not that surprising that your bids up to $105/nite have been rejected, given that this would be well under half of prevailing retail rates for your dates.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Keep us updated on your progress and let us know if/how we can be of further help along the way.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Prices are even higher for Pike Place today so you should focus on the Space Needle, your budget shouldn't be a problem for the zone.

Would you like to get help with a bidding strategy?

Let us know how we can help you further with your stay.

Please use the PRICELINE and hot.wire links on the board to begin your purchases and searches.

Yellowdog.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]