Hotwire Hotel: 3.5 star Sandy Draper UT area

walterjames
By walterjames,
in

I am a bit confused by this one, if so it is a move I have not seen yet on Hotwire.

Looking at 3.5 star Sandy Draper South Jordan for a stay night of 3/22/14.

85% recommend, 4.5 trip advisor, and amenities are:

Free parking, fitness center, free breakfast, Pools, free internet, Business center, indoor pool,and self serv laundry.

What is odd is that I have never witness Hotwire going higher then a rating that is available in the location.

In other words the highest rated hotel on any other web site is a 3.0 star for that area, there are no 3.5 star hotels or above in that

area.

I have seen a 2.5 as a 3 or the reverse but never have I noticed a hotel that was not there (star wise) listed!

I think it is Country Inns and suites or the Best Western Plus; either of which i would avoid and choose something else in another area.

give the price is 74.00 a night.  I can book the home 2 suites which looks very nice non blind on Hotwire for 71 a night and know what I am getting.

Any thoughts would be appreciated

Thanks Walter

Hotel services rate independently. I have seen particular properties that are four different star ratings on four different services.

If you click the detail page, then click "book now", on the next page on the side of the screen, you'll see amenities - if you click 'see all' do you see "internet" as well as "free internet"?

My guess is that this may be a new amenity set for the Best Western Cotton Tree.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Aaron

A new amenity set is what I was thinking.  But like I said I have never seen a star rating go any higher then the highest for the area.  I find the Best Western Listed at 2.5 and 3.0 stars but no where at all as a 3.5 property and It has nice reviews but I don't think it is a 3.5.

When I have time later I will go over to PRICELINE see what is there.  Lately I noticed Hot.wire is mixing it up more and more amenity wise more then they ever did 

the past.

I have been using HOTWIRE before you list how many people to a room, and in past years I could identify a hotel year after year now 4 months later and you can tell, or so it seems.

Walter

• 2 years later...

Was your purchase of the Home2Suites thru PRICELINE bidding, a PRICELINE EXPRESS offer, or thru HOTWIRE?  If the latter, can you please include the amenities associated with this purchase which you may still be able to view by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACOUNT >> MY TRIPS link near the top right of their home page.

Please remember to follow-up your threads with your wins/decisions as you make them (even if you don't ultimately use PRICELINE / HOTWIRE, cancel the trip, book direct, etc) as this help keep the board better organized and more useful for everyone... as well as being a courtesy to anyone who took the time to help with your travel plans.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Thanks, hope you enjoyed your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 year later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]