Priceline Hotel: *4 3/25-3/26, White House-Downtown, Capital Hill

ron1035
By ron1035,
in

Hi, 

I'm looking for a 4* in DC for 3/25-3/26.

I've been bidding in the White-House-Downtown and Capitol Hill areas (started from $80 and went all the way up to $150) and have had no luck.

I did notice that the Priceline.express deals seem to be very high (maybe some conventions in town). 

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Ron

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Rates are very high for these dates... if i can ask, what is the purpose of this trip? Are other 'downtown' zones a consderation as well (or staying outside of the city and commuting in via the metro a possibility) or would you sooner raise your budget and/or lower your star rating in order to stay inside of 'DC proper'?

Using our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com what is the best rate you're able to find at an acceptable hotel for this trip?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know your thoughts and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I have to be in DC for business. 

I don't really want to go below a 4* but I am willing to pretty flexible on location and would consider all downtown zones as well as places that have a relatively short metro ride (ex: arlington area).

I prefer not to bid above $150.

Some of the best quotes from MAPS and HOTELS.com are $289 for the Le Meridien Arlington and $299 for the Graham Georgetown.

Of course, I will use your links.

Thanks

I don't really want to go below a 4* but I am willing to pretty flexible on location and would consider all downtown zones as well as places that have a relatively short metro ride (ex: arlington area).

I prefer not to bid above $150.

With current rates is even a 4* in Arlington expensive. $150 will not buy you a 4*, you need to increase your budget or lower your star rating.

Let us know your thoughts and we'll go from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchases and searches.

Yellowdog.

What looks to be the 3.5* Hyatt Regency Crystal City can be had for $125/nite. It doesn't appear to be that close to a metro station, but they do offer a shuttle to/from... not the most convenient option, but perhaps something to consider given the high prices elsewhere in the area and depending upon where you are on the convenience vs. budget scale.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

What do you think is the minimum bid needed to land a 4*?

Also, any chance that the prices drop before next week?

If you check Priceline.Express and Hot.wire rates, the best you'll likely do via bidding is a little below those.  And when rates are particularly high, that margin gets slimmer.

One way to play the last-minute rate-drop is to make cancelable back-up reservations.  Then you are safe from the opposite phenomenon of a last-minute rate-increase.

Romelle

I would guess somewhere between $200-$225, and remember that the current discount link and code in my signature takes an additional 5% OFF, bringing the PRICELINE EXPRESS deal down to ~$228/nite... so if you're willing to bid high i'd use $225 as your maximum bid and then take the PRICELINE EXPRESS deal at net $228 if not successful.

Keep us update on your progress and let us know how we can be of further help.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]