Priceline Hotel: 4* DC (Capitol Hill - Convention Center) The Liaison Capitol Hill An Affinia Hotel

Noela
By Noela,
in

Hello,

I have to be in Arlington, VA (near the Ballston Metro area) between March 23 - March 25.

I need a 1 room at 3.5* or 4* level, at a maximum budget of $100/per night.

For the past three days, I have been trying to get a 3.5* or 4* hotel, bidding from $70 to $110, exhausting all rebid zones but failed.

What am I doing wrong here?  Can you suggest any alternate bidding strategy?

Thanks - Noela

Hi,

I've been trying to identify and book one of these priceline express deals.  Please help me identify them. 

I am travelling to Arlington, VA for two days:  3/23 -  3/25.  -- Thanks - Noela

4 Star Hotel in Arlington, VA Area for $175/night
Guest Score:     8.0 out of 10 (or higher)
Guaranteed Amenities:     

•     Indoor Swimming Pool
  •     Pets Allowed
  •     Restaurant
  •     Business Center
  •     Fitness Center

3½ Star Hotel in Arlington, VA Area for $118/night
Guest Score: 7.0 out of 10 (or higher)
Guaranteed Amenities:     

• Indoor Swimming Pool
  • Outdoor Swimming Pool
  • Restaurant
  • Business Center
  • Fitness Center

For whatever reason, rates in Arlington are high for these dates (i did see a 5K run to support Cerebral Palsy over this weekend but not sure how big of an event this may be if it would effect hotel rates). PRICELINE EXPRESS does have a 3.5* property for $118/nite and using the discount link and code in my signature gives an additional 5% OFF, bringing this down to ~$112/nite (amenities: Outdoor Pool, Indoor Pool, Restaurant, Business Center, Fitness Center)

If you don't need to stay directly in Arlington, can you stay within DC and the catch the Orange line to your event in Arlington? Rates wtihin DC seem somewhat less expensive than Arlington for these dates and you could likely get something at the 4* level for less than $90/nite.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know your thoughts and we'll take it from there.

EDIT TO ADD: please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread. Given your current bidding only up to $110, and given the 3.5* PRICELINE EXPRESS option and the even cheaper in 'DC proper', are you willing to pay $175/nite for a 4* hotel in Arlington??

EDIT TO ADD 2: please follow-up/updated your previous Hotwire Orlando and Priceline NYC threads with whatever decision or current thoughts you have for each of those trips. Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks very much. 

I will like to consider DC hotels as you suggested.  What specific area should I be considering - Downtown?  And what bidding strategy should I use?

I've updated the previous threads as well.

Thanks - Noela

The 'Capitol Hill - Convention Center' and 'Downtown - White House' zones are generally considered to be well located and have good access to the metro.

Check your travel dates on the landing page, but this 4* Priceline Express in the Capitol Hill-Convention Center zone for $93/nite seems to be the best deal (Pets Allowed, Restaurant, Free Internet in room, Business Center, Fitness Center). Although i'm not sure which property this is, it does have an 8.0/10 user review rating from previous PRICELINE guests... if the hotel ends up being in the western part of this zone there is a good chance you will have direct access to the Ballston metro station... if something in the east part of the zone it may require a transfer (not a big deal but may add 5 minutes on to your commute time)

Also note that using the discount code and link in my signature will give you an additional 5% OFF the $93/nite rate.

You can either go with the above or try bidding on PRICELINE, which if the latter you may want to also consider the White House zone and/or the Capitol Hill South zone (this second zone is a little bit more out of the way but it appears that the Orange lines runs thru it, so it should provide easy access to your event)

LASTLY, note that the metro in DC shuts down about midnite... not sure what event(s) you need to attend near the Ballston metro but hopefully they will end by this time.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know your thoughts and/or how it goes and we will advise accordingly.

PS-

I'm not sure how to edit the titles...

If/when you win a hotel, use the ADD REPLY and REPORT WIN button on the lower right corner of this page... this will enable you to edit the topic title and add a reply to your thread with the details of your purchase.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks -
Given your advice, I bid $80 for a 4* downtown DC hotel (in the Capital Hill area) and it was accepted.  A good deal (70%) savings, I think.

Details below.

4* The Liaison Capitol Hill An Affinia Hotel
3/23 -  3/25
Rooms:     1 room / 2 nights
Room Subtotal:     $160.00
Taxes & Fees:     $32.70
Total Charged to Card:     $192.70

And of course, I used the Priceline travel links available here.

With much much thanks

The 'Capitol Hill - Convention Center' and 'Downtown - White House' zones are generally considered to be well located and have good access to the metro.

Check your travel dates on the landing page, but this 4* Priceline Express in the Capitol Hill-Convention Center zone for $93/nite seems to be the best deal (Pets Allowed, Restaurant, Free Internet in room, Business Center, Fitness Center). Although i'm not sure which property this is, it does have an 8.0/10 user review rating from previous PRICELINE guests... if the hotel ends up being in the western part of this zone there is a good chance you will have direct access to the Ballston metro station... if something in the east part of the zone it may require a transfer (not a big deal but may add 5 minutes on to your commute time)

Also note that using the discount code and link in my signature will give you an additional 5% OFF the $93/nite rate.

You can either go with the above or try bidding on PRICELINE, which if the latter you may want to also consider the White House zone and/or the Capitol Hill South zone (this second zone is a little bit more out of the way but it appears that the Orange lines runs thru it, so it should provide easy access to your event)

LASTLY, note that the metro in DC shuts down about midnite... not sure what event(s) you need to attend near the Ballston metro but hopefully they will end by this time.

Let us know your thoughts and/or how it goes and we will advise accordingly.

PS-If/when you win a hotel, use the ADD REPLY and REPORT WIN button on the lower right corner of this page... this will enable you to edit the topic title and add a reply to your thread with the details of your purchase.

Thanks -

Given your advice, I bid $80 for a 4* downtown DC hotel (in the Capital Hill area) and it was accepted.  A good deal (70%) savings, I think.

Details below.

4* The Liaison Capitol Hill An Affinia Hotel

3/23 -  3/25

Rooms:     1 room / 2 nights

Room Subtotal:     $160.00

Taxes & Fees:     $32.70

Total Charged to Card:     $192.70

And of course, I used the Price.line travel links available here.

With much much thanks

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received a very nice deal in 'downtown' DC and are happy with the results.... with the downtown location hopefully you'll also have some time this trip to explore the area and do a little sightseeing.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]