Hotwire Hotel: Which hotel can I get for Hotwire :: Lombard- oakbrook- downers grove are

shovad
By shovad,
in

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

If you need help with a particular listing, please provide the date/s, price per night in USD$ (before taxes/fees), star rating, full list of amenities and zone.

You can also look at the list of hotels reported to the board in Illinois here: Hotwire Hotel List Illinois.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Thank you for your response.

dates if travel: may 8- 11

place: Lombard- Oakbrook- Downer's Grove

1)

3 star:

$51/night

Free Parking

Free Breakfast

Free Internet

Fitness Center

Business Center

2)

3.5 star

$78/night

Free Parking

Free Internet

Pet friendly

Indoor pool(s)

Smoke Free Rooms

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

3)

4 star

$121/night

Free Parking

Free Internet

Indoor pool(s)

Smoke Free Rooms

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

For hotel 2 and 3. I believe there may have been more amenities than you listed in your post. HOTWIRE has a new interface which is not currently showing the complete set of amenities at the usual point of the search process.

Please run a new search using our BiddingHelper.com tool at the top of this page. Once the search is completed, use the EASY VIEW TAB and click the GREEN BUTTON next to this listing to view the complete set of amenities. Then copy and paste the amenities in a reply to this thread and we will then have a look at this offer.

Please use the PRICELINE and hot.wire links on the board to begin your purchases and searches.

Yellowdog.

thank you.. The link to the BiddingHelper.com tool was helpful in getting the complete list of amenities ::

2)

3.5 star

FULL AMENITIES: Free Parking, Free Internet, Pet friendly, Indoor pool(s), Smoke Free Rooms, Fitness Center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business Center, Self service laundry, Internet access, Golf Nearby, Tennis Nearby, Accessible for the blind, Accessible for the deaf, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Handicapped parking, Roll-in shower

3)

4 star

FULL AMENITIES: Free Parking, Free Internet, Indoor pool(s), Smoke Free Rooms, Fitness Center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business Center, Internet access, Golf Nearby, Tennis Nearby, Accessible for the blind, Accessible for the deaf, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Handicapped parking, Roll-in shower

Best guess/comments for each:

3* $51

--> no guess

3.5*

--> i'm currently seeing a 3.5* hotel offered in this zone for the same rate as you, but the one i'm seeing only has 11 amenities, not the 20 above. If you're still seeing as posted above, my for this one would be the Crowne Plaza Hotel Glen Ellyn/Lombard, with a second guess of the Doubletree Oakbrook as a possibility as well.

4*

--> Oak Brook Hills Resort

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I don't believe the 4* is the Westin.

We try to ID hotels based upon the entire amenity set and not just one or two of the amenities. For the 3.5* hotel are you still seeing the one originally asked above, since i'm still only seeing fewer amenities for the 3.5* currently offered in this zone. If you're still seeing the longer set of amenities, are you searching for more than one room or something other than the default 2adults/0chidlren?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi,

I am booking for 3 adults, yes you are correct it shows fewer amenities when booking for 2 adults. For 3.5 stars (3 adults) I still see the same amenities as listed above. :.

I was thinking it could be Crowne or Embassy suites. I guess we can rule out other 3.5 stars like Doubltree, Hilton Oakbrook and Marriott because the amenities is not fully matching these hotels. They do not list 'pet friendly;.   Which do you think is most likely? thx

I guess we can rule out other 3.5 stars like Doubltree, Hilton Oakbrook and Marriott because the amenities is not fully matching these hotels. They do not list 'pet friendly;.

Amenities can, and do, change all the time, so you can't rule out a property unless the hotel does not offer that amenities (ie- if HOTWIRE shows a Pet Friendly amenity you can rule out a hotel that does not allow pets... but you can't exclude a hotel simply because it has never been reported with the amenity before. As well, while hotels have to have all the amenities listed, they don't have to show all the amenities that have)

Searching for 3adults i now see the same, 20 amenity, hotel that you do... my guess for this one would remain the Crowne Plaza Hotel Glen Ellyn/Lombard, with a second guess of the Doubletree Oakbrook as a possibility as well.

We're happy to help!

But please note that hotels/prices offered now may not be the ones available once you're ready to commit.

Keep us updated on your progress and let us know what you ultimately decide or if we can be of further help.

Please use the PRICELINE and hot.wire links on the board to begin your purchases and searches.

Yellowdog.

Please help me ID this hotel:

Sorry for the change in sector but was told that this location will be closer to our place of function.

Burr ridge - Hinsadle- willowbrook
date: may 8 - may 11

2 star $52

• Free Parking
  • Free Internet
  • Pet friendly
  • Internet access
  • In-room accessibility
  • Wheelchair accessible
  • Accessible bathroom
  • Handicapped parking

3star $83

•  
    • Free Parking
    • Free Internet
    • Airport Shuttle
    • Fitness Center
    • Pool(s)
    • Restaurant(s)
    • Business Center
    • Self service laundry
    • Internet access
    • Golf Nearby
    • Accessible for the blind
    • Accessible for the deaf
    • Accessible path of travel
    • In-room accessibility
    • Accessible bathroom
    • Handicapped parking
    • Roll-in shower

Also how is the recommendation rating calculated by hotwire:: is it based on the cost of savings or are these based on reviews by previous travellers? What worries me is the 3 star only has 35% recommendation and the 2 star has 70 % recommendation. Thx

Please keep all posts in the same thread since posts are for the same stay.

Are still looking for 3 adults. I get different results when using the standard search for two adults.

Also how is the recommendation rating calculated by hotwire

Recommendations are based on reviews by previous travelers.

Yellowdog.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchases and searches.

Are you seeing the 2* and 3* offers above when including 3adults in your search, as i am seeing no 3* offers when searching for 3adults and the 2* hotel offered has a 20% recommendation from previous guests.

I see each of these now...

For the 3* my guess would be the Willowbrook Inn... for the 2* my guess is either the Extended Stay America Darien or the Red Roof Inn Willowbrook.

Yeah the rating for the 3 star is bad and I do not want to get Willowbrook Inn. For the two star Extended Stay would be nice but Red Roof Inn is not a place I would like to stay. I know its a gamble using Hot.wire but the main issue that concerns me is the low recommendation rating. I will let you know what I end up deciding. Once again I really appreciate your help... thx!!

You can also search our sister site, MAPS and HOTELS.com, where you can see hotels near almost any address in the world, and easily see how much more/less it would cost to go up/down in star rating or to stay closer/further for your ideal location.

Let us know whatever you decide to do for this trip.

Good luck!

By the way could you explain to me how you are able to guess which hotel we are most likely to get? I know one step is that you compare the amenties to the probable hotels. How about the recommendation rating- , how is that used to decide which hotel we may get? Is the recommendation rating the same as the tripadvisor rating? Any other tips you would like to share?  Thank you, I will inform you on what I ultimately decide.

Hello,

I was wondering if generally the Hotwire recommendation rating and the Tripadvisor rating will be similar or at least close to it. In other words could you use the Hotwire rating to match with Tripadvisor rating to guess the hotel you be getting? thx

The HOTWIRE customer rating % has been seen at times to change from search-to-search and there is nothing to check current ratings against - I don't consider them to be a reliable indicator of a particular hotel or hotel/s. The tripadvisor rating is not updated "live", but they are at least a somewhat better tool at times to narrow down possibilities.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]