Hotwire Hotel: 2.5* Austin (Bee Cave) Mountain Star Lodge and Hotel

mtbscott
By mtbscott,
in

First time I've ever used Hotwire via these links after failing to win a Priceline NYOP hotel in this zone at the price I wanted. The Mountain Star Lodge was pretty dated, but a great location for an event I was attending west of Austin in the Hill Country. Not being sure exactly how Hotwire works, I asked for a room for 3 to assure I got two beds even though there was only two of us, might have paid slightly more than necessary, but still cheaper than anywhere else nearby.

Congratulations on your success!

Nice to see you were pleased with the outcome and this worked well for your needs.

Can you please add a reply to this thread confirming the zone of this property (you've listed in the (West Austin-Lake Travis) zone but the map i'm looking at makes it appear to be in the Bee Cave zone) as well as the amenities shown before your purchase... you can still view this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

Thank you for sharing your results and using the HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchase.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the follow-up and helping us add this property to the Hotwire Hotel List.

I believe there may have been more amenities than you listed in your post, which would not have been seen unless you clicked the 'See all' link during the check-out process.

Can you please add a reply to this thread confirming the full list of amenities associated with this property... you can still view this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

Thanks!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Can you please copy/paste the amenities from your purchase history using the MY ACCOUNT link on the top right of the HOTWIRE home page as i believe there may be still more amenities associated with this property... you don't see Internet Access, Bathroom Accessible, Wheelchair Accessible, or Handicapped Parking amenities? (this may not appear if you're doing a new search for this zone and find the same hotel... but they will appear using the MY ACCOUNT link if they are indeed associated with this property)

Thanks.

I looked on Hotwire for new dates in the same area and see what I'm sure is the Mountain Star again.

If you search again using our BiddingHelper.com and the EASY VIEW tab, clicking the green 'See all amenities', do you see more amenities??

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

FULL AMENITIES: Free Parking, Free Breakfast, Free Internet, Smoke Free Rooms, Pool(s), Business Center, Internet access, Accessible for the deaf, Wheelchair accessible, Accessible bathroom, Handicapped parking

I just rebooked this hotel via Ho.twire for this coming Saturday night for $92. Closest hotel to where my weekend event will be, and very cheap coming on the end weekend of SXSW.

Thanks for the follow-up and confirming the full list of amenities

Can you please add your additional win to the board as a NEW TOPIC so that others will be aware of your win when searching the topic titles on the board and in the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins.

In your post please include the star rating, city, zone, hotel name, room rate per nite, dates of your stay and amenities shown before your purchase... you can still view all of this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

Thanks!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]