Priceline Hotel: 4* Maui (Kaanapali - Lahaina) Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa

Mokakro
By Mokakro,
in

We "won" the Hyatt Regency at the last minute (the day before arrival) for the great price of $145.  I'm guessing we were able to get such a good price because it was so last minute.  We really enjoyed our stay.  The only downside to this property is that it is approx a mile to the Whaler Village, but we enjoy walking and it's such a beautiful walk along the beach sidewalk that that was fine for us.  The pools were heated and their pool slide was great.  The rooms are very spacious as well.  

• 2 weeks later...
We're thinking of using priceline to book a Maui / Lahaina hotel at the end of the month, but we're kind of hesitant to do so, since we read that the Hyatt has a lot of construction going on, and we're afraid that the Hyatt is just going to put all the low-price Priceline people in the construction zone rooms. Did you go recently, during the construction? Did they put you in a room facing the construction zone?

FYI, I just got back from a stay at the Hyatt which was offered to me as part of a promotion to try to sell the timeshares that they are builting.    The deal was $850 for 5 nights including taxes and resort fee (which comes out to $170 a night all in except for parking).   I also got a $100 resort certificate which I used to pay for the parking ($14 a night) and one meal.  The deal was predicated on attending a timeshare sales presentation - which was a very soft sell and which was over in less than an hour - and I didn't buy and got no push back for not buying.  I am wondering if these $145 rooms are on the side facing the construction and just about nothing else (which the timeshare deal I got was).   As the resort fee is $30 a night, and the taxes and Priceline fees are going to be another $25 or so, the Price.line price of $145 is still more than the Timeshare 5-night promo deal of $850 for 5 nights all in - but I would suggest that if the Priceline rooms did NOT overlook the construction zone, it could still be a better deal.  

BTW, the fact that the timeshare deal rooms overlooked the construction was fully disclosed when I booked it, and I was fine with it - the room itself was spacious, well appointed, and who goes to Maui to stay in the room anyways.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]