Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Detroit (Airport DTW) Sheraton Detroit Metro Airport

Atraveller
By Atraveller,
in

I have an early AM flight out of Detroit Airport on Tuesday, February 25th, and having been bidding for weeks for a 3.5* or 4* with no luck. I started at $47 and went up to $61, as I thought that was the range of wins in the past. But it didn't work out. PRICELINE EXPRESS offered a 3.5* at $98, or a 4* at $122. HOTWIRE has been offering the same rates.

I then separated the bidding and started with a 4* at $71, then $76, then $81, then $86, then $91. At that point I received a counter-offer of $122. I then bid $98, $102 and $105 with no success. But I did receive another counter-offer for $122. I now wonder if success would have been $106/$107.

I then went back to 3.5*, and started with $57, then $71, then $75, then $78. I received a counter-offer for $102. Then I tried $84, then $88 receiving the same $102 counter-offer. I had one last bid available, so bid $90 and was successful. This isn't a surprise as this is 50% of the difference between $78 and $102.

I did check other websites as linked on your website, but I couldn't find anything less expensive for 3.5* or 4* other than PRICELINE. I am happy with the rate and the hotel. The only (small) nagging doubt I have is whether I should have waited until the weekend to get a lower rate. But I am running out of time. On the PRICELINE website you can find winning recent hotel bids. They showed $134 for a 4* (bid today) and $60 for a 3.5* from more than a week ago.

Of course, I used the Better Bidding PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links for all of my transactions and research. Thanks for an awesome site!

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you're pleased with the hotel and deal you received and that this will be convenient for your needs.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Have a great trip.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

Airport hotels are NEVER full unless a major irrep (cancel or weather) so probably best to wait until closer to the date.  The other part of the equation - if major weather or cancellation you probably won't make it to airport hotel or won't fly out the morning of scheduled departure.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]