Priceline Hotel: Winning Car Rental Bid in Orlando

LoveTrips
By LoveTrips,
in

This was my first time trying Priceline for car rentals. Even though I know others haven't had great results, I figured it was worth a shot since being under 25 is SO EXPENSIVE when renting a car (most companies charge an extra $25/day).

The best price we could get using other websites (Expedia, Travelocity) was just under $300/week for a compact car (using Enterprise, a company Priceline doesn't even use), so I bid $265 on Priceline just to give it a shot. It was accepted! We're booked through Alamo, and the price includes the young renter fees. If I had booked the same car through Alamo.com it would have cost $410. PLUS, Enterprise would have used a shuttle from the airport (not a big deal if we were saving money though), but Alamo is right in the airport. Yay!

Priceline might not be a good deal for regular renters (my husband turns 25 in a month thank goodness!!), but for those of us dealing with the craziness of being under 25 trying to rent a car, this deal turned out really well!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]