Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Austin (South - Airport) Comfort Suites Austin Airport

purplelotus
By purplelotus,
in

Just won this hotel on PRICELINE EXPRESS. I used the 10% discount coupon so cost was really $63 plus taxes and fees. Total cost of $231.33. Amenities listed were breakfast, internet, free parking, shuttle, business center and fitness center. Also listed as guest favorite and rated 8/10. And, yes, I used the PRICELINE link.

I thought I might get this hotel, but was hoping I didn't. Even though PRICELINE lists it as a guest favorite, a lot of the comments aren't very favorable, eg, hotel needs updating, so-so breakfast, etc. So I'll see, and if we don't like it, I'll rate it accordingly on the PRICELINE survey and also follow up here. In retrospect, Priceline had a 3* for $80 ($72 after my discount) that I probably should have gone for or used my hotel points for a free stay somewhere.

Hotel was about what I expected -- mediocre.  Hotel is probably 20-30 years old, and it shows.   The best thing was the bed which was new and comfortable.  The worst things were the drab decor (shades of tans and browns with nary a color) and the plumbing.   We had trouble with our toilet flushing, and the shower knob was loose.  Both were fixed to the extent possible given the age of the plumbing (not completely).    Breakfast was acceptable, and the woman attendant was very responsive and friendly.   I prefer Hampton Inn, Country Inn & Suites or LaQuinta Inn & Suites at this level.  I think they're nicer.  I'd rate this a 2-star and will on Priceline's survey.  I'm not sure how this is a guest favorite.   Every other hotel I've stayed at which has been a guest favorite has been much better.  

There is road construction all around this hotel, but this affects all hotels in this area.  We had to take a long detour twice Saturday because a road was closed all day.     

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]