MSP to NRT 2/24 - 3/09

kblivinglrg
By kblivinglrg,
in

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Currently what is the best airfare you're able to find for your dates? How much of a discount would you need to make an 'opaque' purchase (where you don't know the airline, layover cities, length of layover, etc) worthwhile?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the reply.

The best price I can find now that the $900 fare has disappeared is $1195.

I would make an opaque purchase for $800-900, however I am slightly wary of anything that has more than 1 layover or extensive red-eye layovers. On the Priceline site it said "maximum 1 layover" so can I trust that I wouldn't get screwed too bad on a Name Your Own Price deal?

Thanks for the reply and any help you can offer would be supremely appreciated!

The flight will only have a maximum of one layover unless you agree to more than one. Here is a link to the Priceline International Airfare Maximum Layover Times.

The best rate i'm currently seeing for your dates is just under $1600, but going on the basis of your $1200 flight and $900 target, when bidding on airfare you have an almost unlimited number of re-bid zones as per this Priceline Airfare Re-Bidding thread (in particular see the second post)

Using the technique in the link above, you can start at ~$600 and increase $10-$50 per re-bid zone, more at the lower level bid amounts (when your chances are less) and less at the higher bid amounts (when your chances increase)

Any questions regarding the information linked above let us know.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Ok cool. Thank you so much.

So if I enter my CC info on the PRICELINE page and bid $800, how long until Priceline informs me of my bid being successful or not? I must admit I'm hesitant about the "opaque" purchase but if I can get a good deal, I'll try it. Lastly, once my bid is accepted, my CC will automatically be charged, and there is no refund or second chances, correct?

Thanks again.

So if I enter my CC info on the PRICELINE page and bid $800, how long until Priceline informs me of my bid being successful or not?
Less than 60 seconds... the page will refresh with an accepted or rejected message.
Lastly, once my bid is accepted, my CC will automatically be charged, and there is no refund or second chances, correct?
Correct. If your bid is accepted, that is when you'll be shown the flight details.

Good luck!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]