Hotwire Hotel: 4* New York MIdtown

dlgbabe
By dlgbabe,
in

I am visiting New York city and arriving 3/13 and staying until 3/22nd. My daughter lives in a college dorm downtown but wants to stay with me for the time I am there.

I can get some college discounts on hotels but they aren't as much as hotwire or priceline. She wants me to get midtown, preferably around Rockfeller center area, I realize we may get only one bed, we can share, hopefully we can get a queen at least.

I can't decide what to do, I would take something as low as 3.5 stars, such as a doubletree, we will be taking the subways and need internet, so I can also keep up on some work.

Any suggestions, would help, I would consider breaking up time in two hotels, but don't really want to move around a lot, I would prefer something under $276 a night with taxes.

The less the better, however it is New York. We did stay at the doubletree in times square a couple of years ago (4 of us) and it cost $600 a night, I can't afford this on this trip with all that college tuition I am paying. thanks everybody. should I wait longer to start looking and just go for something the week before? I have used your site before but not for new York city, I realize the rooms are small and smaller....ha.

There are plenty of options well within your budget...

Use our BiddingHelper.com and click the PRICELINE EXPRESS TAB... plenty of 3.5* and 4* hotels in the midtown zone(s) for less than $200/nite. As well, use the links and code in my signature for an extra 10% OFF.

If you're not that familiar with the city and let me know what cross streets your daugher's dorm is located near, we can try to pick a midtown location in an effort to increase the chances of good subway access between her dorm and your hotel.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

thank you her school is at One Pace Plaza downtown. she is spending spring break with me starting on the 14th she doesn't want me to stay in her dorm even though everyone will be gone...i like the area around Rockfeller center and St Patricks I think. i haven't been to New York much but did live there in the early 80's when it wasn't safe like it is now

There are subway lines right near her that will take you to the east or west side, so for the most part your zone selection is fairly wide open, imo. Let us know once you determine your desired zones and star rating and we'll take it from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]