FLL car rental

lucyred
By lucyred,
in

Car rental prices for these 5 days are ranging from $48 to $100+/day from the larger car rental companies. E-Z Pay and Payless are listed around $20/day but I've never rented from them before. I have a rental reserved with each of them for about the same price $121 & $123 but I'm worried about renting from these two since we've never used them before.

Anyone have experience with them? Or know why the prices are so high with the larger companies?

I need to remember to use your links first before I do my searches.

Hopefully it will become part of your natural search process, or you can also use our BiddingHelper.com tool to conduct your searches and see multiple sites with one search. ;)

The top tier companies are more expensive due to 1) marketing, 2) larger infrastructure, 3) better protection should things go wrong.

In most instances car rentals happen without any issues, but if you do have a problem while on the road, it will likely be easier to resolve with one of the larger top name companies. Let's say your traveling and have car trouble, usually the larger companies will have another location near by where you can go to and get a replacement vehicle... not so easy if the rental company only has a few locations throughout the state. (not as much of an issue if you're not driving too far from the rental location/airport, but if traveling a greater distance out of the area, this can become a factor)

With the above noted i recently had a rental with Budget and there were no vehicles ready when i got to the counter (so issues can happen with any company), but while i waited for a car to be brought from their holding lot on the other side of the airport, a overheard a customer at one of the lower tier rental companies returning to the desk since the car he was assigned had a 'check engine' light on.

So given the above, the question is how much more would you be willing to pay (if anything) in order to have one of the top tier players vs. one of the lower level companies?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Let us know whatever you ultimately decide to do for this rental (even if not PRICELINE or HOTWIRE, please 'close' this thread with your final decision)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases. (or the links in our Support Page should you decide to book directly)

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 4 months later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]