Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* New York City (Times Square - Theater District) Belvedere

RonSwanson
By RonSwanson,
in

Hi All.

Looking for advice for an upcoming family trip (2 adults, 2 kids - 11&8) to Manhattan from 4/9 to 4/13.

Budget: Below $150-200/night - prefer to stay on the low end of that, but I know that rates start to go up in April.

Desired Star level: 3.5-4* (would prefer 4*)

Acceptable zones: Upper East Side, Mid Town East, Central Park South, Mid Town West, Times Square (we have relatives that live on the UES, but are fine being closer to the touristy sites)

Breakfast included would be great, but not absolutely required.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Looking for advice for an upcoming family trip (2 adults, 2 kids - 11&8) to Manhattan from 4/9 to 4/13.

PRICELINE only guarantees double occupancy, after that it's at the discretion of the hotel, and you could receive a room with only one bed. While you can call the hotel you win and request a room with two beds, the hotel may not be able, or willing, to honor your request. (especially true in locations such as NYC where rooms are small to begin with, many hotels have a high percentage of rooms with only one bed, and rooms with two beds are usually considered an upgrade and cost extra). If this is not a risk you're willing to accept, HOTWIRE may still be an option as they allow you to search for up to quad occupancy and ensure sleeping accommodations for everyone you include in your search (although this usually means two beds, the second 'bed' could be a sofabed, rollaway, etc)

Included breakfast is usually an amenity found at the lower rated hotels, there are only a small handful of hotels at the 3.5*/4* rating that offer free breakfast, so this is an amenity that won't likely be had at the hotel you receive if you stick with the 3.5* and higher rated property.

Let us know your thoughts if you'd like to move forward with PRICELINE or if you think HOTWIRE would be better for your needs this trip, and we'll the comment further.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hmmm. I've never had a problem getting 2 beds (I've used Priceline before, just not with this site), but that was in CA, where beds must be plentiful. :) Seeing as how I need to make sure my kids have a place to sleep, I guess I need to go with HOTWIRE, but I don't have any experience using that site.

And breakfast isn't a must by any means.

If you search (for 2adults/2children) using the EASY VIEW TAB with our BiddingHelper.com tool, is there anything that is offered within your desired star rating, zone, and budget?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

PS- you can just continue this thread and once you win and report it using the EDIT TO REPORT WIN button on the lower right of this page, the entire thread will be moved (if necessary) to the hotwire section of the board.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Sorry to hear that nothing is showing on HOTWIRE of interest. You can go with PRICELINE and it will be cheaper, but in NYC you face a high risk of one bed (and given how small rooms are in NYC, there are some rooms even at high star ratings that are small to the point where you cannot fit a rollaway bed.) The Hudson (a 4* in CPS) is an example of this. The Roosevelt (4* MTE) is another and there are more. HOTWIRE is the better option for four people, but unfortunately, rates are high for these date/s.

If you would like us to ID a listing, please provide the full details (star rating, amenities, zone, price) and we would be happy to take a look and try to ID the listing. Also, you can see the full list of hotels reported to the board here: Hotwire Hotel List NYC

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Sorry to hear that nothing is showing on HOTWIRE of interest. You can go with PRICELINE and it will be cheaper, but in NYC you face a high risk of one bed (and given how small rooms are in NYC, there are some rooms even at high star ratings that are small to the point where you cannot fit a rollaway bed.) The Hudson (a 4* in CPS) is an example of this. The Roosevelt (4* MTE) is another and there are more. HOTWIRE is the better option for four people, but unfortunately, rates are high for these date/s.

If you would like us to ID a listing, please provide the full details (star rating, amenities, zone, price) and we would be happy to take a look and try to ID the listing. Also, you can see the full list of hotels reported to the board here: Hotwire Hotel List NYC

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

The 3.5* hotel in Times Square for $225 has the following amenities:

- Smoke Free Rooms

- Self-Service Laundry

- Fitness Center

- Internet Access

- Restaurant(s)

- Business Center

It's also listed as being accessible for the deaf and blind

And it has 85% positive Hotwire customer ratings, and is rated 4.0/5.0 on TripAdvisor

I'd appreciate it if you could ID the listing. Thanks.

The 3.5* hotel in Times Square for $225 has the following amenities:
I believe there may have been more amenities than you listed in your post. HOTWIRE has a new interface which is not currently showing the complete set of amenities at the usual point of the search process.

Please run a new search using our BiddingHelper.com tool at the top of this page. Once the search is completed, use the EASY VIEW TAB and click the GREEN BUTTON next to this listing to view the complete set of amenities. Then copy and paste the amenities in a reply to this thread and we will then have a look at this offer.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchases and searches.

Yellowdog.

3.5* Times Square

Here they are: Smoke Free Rooms, Fitness Center, Restaurant(s), Business Center, Self service laundry, Internet access, Accessible for the blind, Accessible for the deaf, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Roll-in shower

The price has dropped $1, down to $224. :)

Thanks! That certainly helps.

There's another listing I'd like to try and ID if possible.

3*, Mid Town Central, on Hotwire is says $210/night, but the bidding helper says $212. Amenities are listed as: Smoke Free Rooms, Business Center, Internet access, Kitchenette, Accessible for the deaf, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Roll-in shower.

Thanks in advance.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received the hotel you were hoping for and that you're pleased with the results.

Thank you for using the HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchase and sharing your win, helping us update the Hotwire Hotel List with the new amenity set for this property.

Enjoy your stay and have a great time in NYC!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]