Priceline Hotel: Which is Better? Hampton Inn or 3.5* without breakfast?

cheapsk8
By cheapsk8,
in

I need help deciding . . .I've booked the Hampton Inn IAH, but am considering the option of a 3.5* near IAH as well. My guess is that most 3.5* hotels (e.g., Marriott, Doubletree, Hyatt, Hilton, Sheraton, etc.) won't offer breakfast for free. They will probably have their own restaurants and charge for meals separately.

I can probably Priceline a 3.5* for $50 before taxes. The Hampton, which is a 2.5*, goes for $75/nt. I'm just there for an overnight stay. Up to what star rating would include a respectable, free continental breakfast? Thanks!

The issue becomes even if you bid 3*, there is the chance that you would be upgraded to 3.5*. If breakfast is important, looking for a listing with breakfast on PRICELINE Express or HOTWIRE would be recommended. If breakfast is not important, I would go for the 3.5*.

Which is better also becomes a matter of more what you are looking for and what you need.

What are your date/s of travel?

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]