Priceline Hotel: 3* Los Angeles (Beverly Hills - West Hollywood) The Grafton On Sunset

mtbscott
By mtbscott,
in

I'm more of a PRICELINE user than HOTWIRE, but it's my first trip to the LA area and I'm not seeing as much traffic here as on some other cities.

I have found via a clickthrough here to HOTWIRE a 3* Hollywood area hotel for just $66 a night. Amenities listed are Free Parking (a big one from what I've heard), Free Internet, and Accessibility features which I don't really need. Says it gets 3 of 5 guest rating but with only a 40% recommendation which isn't very assuring.

Not finding anything on the HOTWIRE hotels list here that sounds like it, any ideas? Thanks.

This listing has not yet been ID'd/reported to the board and with only a couple of common main amenities it's difficult to narrow down what this may be. I would definitely be rather concerned with a 40% approval rating from HOTWIRE customers booking at heavily discounted rates, as well as a 3/5 tripadvisor rating. I'd say the Hollywood Historic Hotel and the Dixie Hollywood could be possibilities, but this could certainly be something else, as well.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Okay, here goes. I'm very used to using this forum and Priceline NYOP for my most frequent destination, New York, but I haven't been to LA in over 15 years. I have studied up a bit on the PL hotel list here, I know the Hollywood zone is my first choice, I might consider Beverly Hills-West Hollywood, or Downtown as a longshot. I've been told on TA that some of the hotels that pass themselves off as Beverly Hills-West Hollywood aren't really in that area proper.

I currently have a cancellable reservation at a recently opened boutique hotel, the Le Bon Hollywood which is just a block or so away from Hollywood and Vine, and across the street from the W Hollywood Hotel. I got their introductory rate of $130 a night and they list themselves as a 3*. No parking at the hotel but there are apparently nearby lots ranging from $15-20 a day as I will likely have a car for at least part of my stay.

My goal if I use PL NYOP is to get something at least as nice, or better, and for cheaper. Obviously, a $110 a night room with $45 a night parking would not be a net gain, although having onsite parking would be a plus.

There doesn't seem to be that many wins posted on the PL sub-forum here for that zone, and none since the fall-holiday season. I'm looking to you experts to tell me what I could realistically expect to pay for 3/3.5/4* preferably in Hollywood, and if it seems doable a strategy would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

At current rates, if you're only looking at the Hollywood zone, i don't think you're going to come close to your $130/nite rate... if you include the Beverly Hills-West Hollywood zone then i think you get closer to your $130 rate, but not sure if you want to go for that or not given the 'unknown' parking fee.

Let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I think I would be willing to try those two zones but with a max of $120, but would like to try for less. I know February is a very cheap time for New York, I've gotten some smokin' NYOP deals in that time frame, but from what you've said LA is not as much of a bargain for this coming month?

I'd like to start with 4*, but work down no lower than 3* and stick to those two zones.

So to confirm your first round of bidding would be for a 4* hotel in either the Hollywood OR Beverly Hills-West Hollywood zone with a maximum bid of $120? If this is correct, you can try as follows:

When bidding 4* in the Los Angeles are you have FIVE re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* Hollywood...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $103, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $105, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* Beverly Hills...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $103, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $105, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* Hollywood and Beverly Hills...

Bid $108, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $113, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $118, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I've been using the links here for since last week to bid on a PL hotel for Los Angeles. Following a rebid strategy that takes about an hour from start to finish depending on how long it takes to respond (and I'm not just sitting there staring at the screen.)So far I haven't succeeded but when I go back the next day to start over, I often get the "you've already tried for this trip" message. It seems kind of random, does their 24 hour rebid limit reset when you're finished? Or when you started? Or what?

The lock-out period is 24 hours from your last bid which included the zones you're currently using.

Is this for your Los Angeles hotel for Feb 12-15? What star level, zones, and bids have you tried?

I guess that sounds about right, though maybe not down to the minute. I kept track today, I was allowed to start my bidding right at 10:30 CST, finished my last one about 11:15 with no success.

Yes, I'm still trying for the Hollywood Feb 12-15 dates.

Using the rebid scenarios provided in the other thread for 4* up to $120.

I'm then doing a 3.5* with 4 rebid zones in addition to my target areas up to $105.

Then a 3* with 3 rebid zones plus my targets up to $105. So far nothing, I will keep trying.

It is easier for me to do this earlier in the morning, so I might have to do it every other day with the knowledge of bid timeframes you have provided. Of course I'm using the links here and will report when I win something. Thanks.

Please keep all posts for the same trip in the same thread.

Your dates include Valentine's Day which is typically a very busy nite for hotels, so if a hotel doesn't offer PRICELINE / HOTWIRE inventory for this one nite of your stay, that hotel is out of the running as a possibility for your entire stay. As well, even if a hotel does offer inventory for this nite, but it is more expensive then the other nites of your trip, it could have an impact on the bid needed for the entire stay.

At current rates i think this is where you will more likely need to be in order to have a bid accepted:

4* $160-$180

3.5* $120-$140

3* $110-$130

Keep us updated on your progress and thank you for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Good luck and keep us updated on your progress.

• 2 weeks later...

I kept plugging away almost every day at this. Using the links and scenarios above, I would first try for 4*s up to $120, then 3.5* and 3* scenarios up to $110. Finally got The Grafton on Sunset for $110 which is $20 a night cheaper than my previously booked room, and should be a bit more upscale.

I hope this is a good choice, TA overall approval is only $61% yet almost all recent reviews are great. Looks like valet onsite parking will be $35 a day so may look at alternatives nearby or just bite the bullet.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you were ultimately successful and you were able to upgrade your accommodations from your back-up reservation as well as save a few dollars in the process too!

In the future you can simply use the EDIT TO REPORT WIN button on the lower right corner of the page (it can only be used once and then disappears, which is why you don't see it now) to report your win and it will also automatically move the thread to the correct section of the board (if necessary).

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]