Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Detroit (Dearborn) Adoba Hotel Dearborn/Detroit

Shoob
By Shoob,
in

Hey all!

Planning another trip... This time with a few med students. So this will be the first time I need two rooms. We have a budget of $100/room/night; although, I think rooms are available for much less through NYOP.

So, we'd like 3.5* or 4* (hopefully we get a hotel where breakfast is complimentary!), in either Dearborn or Detroit Airport DTW areas for two nights (14th thru 16th). Obviously, though we have a budget, we'd like to get rooms for as low as possible (I see some Express Deals). Any help would be great. Thanks!

Oh, and I've already clicked the PRICELINE link here :)

Free breakfast is usually not an amenity offered at the higher star rated hotels, this is most often an amenity at the lower rated hotels, so i wouldn't necessarily exptect free breakfast if you're looking at 3.5*/4* rated property for this stay.

Is your goal the least expensive 3.5* or higher rated hotel in either one of these two zones OR are you willing to pay more for a 4* vs. a 3.5*

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Free breakfast is usually not an amenity offered at the higher star rated hotels, this is most often an amenity at the lower rated hotels, so i wouldn't necessarily exptect free breakfast if you're looking at 3.5*/4* rated property for this stay.
I guess I've been spoiled! Most of the places I ended up in before have had breakfast. I stayed in the Embassy Suites by the airport twice, and they had a nice full breakfast. But I completely understand that we probably won't get a place with that amenity.

Is your goal the least expensive 3.5* or higher rated hotel in either one of these two zones OR are you willing to pay more for a 4* vs. a 3.5*

Honestly, I'm sure the least expensive 3.5* would be fine, but if the price difference between the 4* & 3.5* levels is a $5-10, I'd go 4*. In fact, if we could stay in Dearborn itself, that would be preferable, so I'd like to bid there first. So maybe we could try 3.5*, least expensive in Dearborn, and go from there.

I currently see a 4* in Dearborn for $87 and a 3.5* in Dearborn for $65... Maybe that's the Adoba? Not sure about how nice that place is.

Anyways, as always... all help is greatly appreciated.

... Maybe that's the Adoba? Not sure about how nice that place is.

The Adoba is a 3.5* rated hotel in the Dearborn zone, so would this be acceptable?

If starting to bid for only the 3.5* Dearborn zone, how high do you want to bid before switching to the Airport zone?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I suppose the Adoba is an acceptable hotel. It seems to be somewhat popular. I would go up to 60 @ the 3.5* level. In fact, that Adoba deal at $65 looks enticing... and it's still available. And I think staying in Dearborn itself is looking better and better to us. I'll await a reply from someone before bidding or buying through Express. Supposedly there are only 4 rooms left at that hotel (per PL's list view). Is that right?

When bidding 3.5* in the Detroit area you have THREE re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 3.5* Dearborn...

Bid $50, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $55, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $58, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $60

If the above is rejected take the PRICELINE EXPRESS property at $65/nite.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

I'm starting to bid right now. Very quick though... I notice that the express deal states "Bed Choice Available". If that is the case, and I bid instead, do you know whether I could still have the "Bed choice" option? We'd really like two doubles instead of a single queen/king. Please let me know ASAP so that do what's best. Thanks!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]