Priceline Hotel: Express Deal Help

bkmayfield
By bkmayfield,
in

Are you still seeing this same property offered on a current PRICELINE EXPRESS search, as the 3* property i'm seeing when searching for your dates is similarly priced but has different amenities:

Free Internet

Outdoor Pool

Free Parking

Restaurant

Business Center

Fitness Center

Please confirm what you're currently seeing and we'll investigate further.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I am seeing what you saw. 3* $81 a night with a tripadvisor rating of 7.0 or higher. I do think if could still be the Holiday Inn Anaheim Resort because I noticed that sometime they run a free breakfast for two special. Not sure though. Happy to see what you think. Thanks much!

If a hotel offers a "breakfast special rate", then it is not for PRICELINE/HOTWIRE users. PRICELINE and HOTWIRE users do get breakfast if it is offered to all guests (Hampton Inn, Embassy Suites, etc.)

I'd guess the Holiday Inn Anaheim Resort is a definite possibility. The Staybridge Suites and Residence Inn also have these amenities, but I think they are probably much less likely in this case.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Great, thanks for your input. I am now wondering if it would be a good idea to try to bid for a 3* hotel in the Anaheim Angel Stadium area. I would be happy with any 3* in that area. What would your recommend for a bidding strategy? The current express deal for the 3* in this area that I was looking at is $81. Is there any kind of strategy to how much lower than a PRICELINE EXPRESS deal you should go? Thanks!

So we don't suggest a strategy that goes higher than you're willing to pay, how high are you willing to bid before you just take the PRICELINE EXPRESS offer?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know the above and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

When bidding 3* in this region you have no re-bid zones. I would bid over the course of two days:

Select 3* Angels Stadium Anaheim...

Bid $65

If the above is rejected wait 24 hours and once again start with this PRICELINE link on the board (and NOT any links in any emails that PRICELINE may send informing you that you're eligible to bid again):

Select 3* Angels Stadium Anaheim...

Bid $70

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

I decided to book direct, I got a hotel room right across the street from Disneyland entrance. The express deal that I was looking at went up to $91. I got the Best Western Park Place for $104.00 for those nights, which included a complimentary breakfast, and I figured I would be out $15-$20 a day to ride the ART shuttle. I like the convenience of being able to walk back and forth. I did try to bid, but did not have success. Thanks for your help, it was much appreciated!

• 2 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]