Priceline Hotel: 4* Chicago (Millenium Park - The Loop - Grant Park) The Blackstone Renaissance Chicago Hotel

nadong2dong
By nadong2dong,
in

Hello all! I am new to the forum and I have two hotels that I would like to Identify :D

Dates: 3/7/14 - 3/8/14

4.5 stars Magnificent Mile Area - River North area

$82 per night

85% Hotwire Customer Reviews

Pet Friendly

Indoor Pool

Smoke Free Rooms

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

Self Service Laundry

Internet Access

4.0 stars Downtown Chicago - Millennium Park - Grant Park area

$95 per night

95% Hotwire Customer Reviews

Pet Friendly

Fitness Center

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

Internet Access

Tennis Nearby

Spa Services

Based on my research, I am guessing James Hotel for the first one and either Fairmont or Swissotel for the second one. What do you guys think? Thank you very much in advance!

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

For both listings:

I believe there are more amenities then what you have posted above as HOTWIRE has a new interface that does not show the complete set of amenities unless you click thru a few extra links.

If you repeat your search using our BiddingHelper.com.com tool... use the HOTWIRE EASY VIEW tab and then click the GREEN BUTTON next to this listing, do you see more amenities then what you have listed above?

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Following your instructions, yes I see more amenities !

Below are the amenities from BiddingHelper.com.com

1. Pet friendly, Indoor pool(s), Smoke Free Rooms, Fitness Center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business Center, Self service laundry, Internet access, Accessible for the blind, Accessible for the deaf, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Handicapped parking, Roll-in shower

2. Pet friendly, Fitness Center, Restaurant(s), Business Center, Internet access, Tennis Nearby, Spa Services, Accessible for the blind, Accessible for the deaf, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Wheelchair accessible, Accessible bathroom, Roll-in shower

Thank you!

My best guess for the 4.5* River North property would be the InterContinental Chicago... for the 4* Grant Park hotel there are more possibilities but my guess for this one would be The Fairmont Chicago.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I needed a room for one day. First, I started bidding on Priceline for the River North area 4.5* using re-bids and I stopped at $80 because there is a PRICELINE EXPRESS deal for $83 and I did want to risk myself getting InterContinental Hotel (I had terrible experiences with them). So, I decided to go with either Hotwire or Priceline Express Deal. I narrowed down to 3 options.

4.5 stars Magnificent Mile Area - River North area

$82 per night

85% Hotwire Customer Reviews

Pet friendly, Indoor pool(s), Smoke Free Rooms, Fitness Center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business Center, Self service laundry, Internet access, Accessible for the blind, Accessible for the deaf, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Handicapped parking, Roll-in shower

4.0 stars Downtown Chicago - Millennium Park - Grant Park area

$100 per night

95% Hotwire Customer Reviews

Pet friendly, Fitness Center, Restaurant(s), Business Center, Internet access, Tennis Nearby, Spa Services, Accessible for the blind, Accessible for the deaf, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Wheelchair accessible, Accessible bathroom, Roll-in shower

$102 per night

4.0 stars Millennium Park, Loop & Grant Park Area

9/10 guest score

Free Internet in public areas, Pets Allowed, Restaurant, Business Center, Fitness Center

thereuare and AaronJB helped me above with the HOTWIRE options. As I said earlier, I did not want InterContinental, so I checked the PRICELINE EXPRESS Deal for 4* MP&Loop area. It had a 9/10 guest score and there are only five 4* hotels with a score of 9 in MP/Loop/GP area (Radisson Blu, Blackstone Renaissance Chicago, Monaco, The Wit a DoubleTree, and Renaissance Chicago). The Wit a DoubleTree Hotel does not offer free wifi in public areas, so it had to be Blackstone Renaissance Chicago, Monaco, Radisson Blu, or Renaissance Chicago. I checked hotel reviews on many websites and all of these were rated higher than Fairmont Hotel and the price difference is only 2 bucks, so I decided to go with the PRICELINE EXPRESS Deal.

I ended up with the Blackstone Renaissance Chicago Hotel. It was my first time bidding/dealing, so it may not be the best deal, but I am happy with what I got :)

thereuare and AaronJB, thank you for helping me and of course I used the betterbidding PRICELINE link to purchase!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]