Hotwire Hotel: 3* Fort Lauderdale (Beach) Holiday Inn

Pelle31
By Pelle31,
in

If you go to "see hotel details" you will see this hotel also has Laundry Facilities, I believe this property to be the 3* Bahia Mar Beach Resort - 801 Seabreeze Blvd, Fort Lauderdale Hotel features:Resort, Near Beach, Restaurant, Pool, Fitness Center, High-speed Internet Access, Tennis Nearby, Business Center, Laundry Facilities

This is match with what you have listed, this information was obtained doing a package search for your dates. This information also shows up on the Hotwire Hotel List Florida but looks to have been downgraded since that information was last reported (was 3.5*)

Back in September, I got the Holiday Inn on Fort Lauderdale Beach (AIA/Sunrise) for about $54/night (Nov. 28-Dec. 6) through a Hotwire purchase.

After Hurricane Wilma hit, I got a message from Hotwire October 28th saying my reservation was canceled by the Holiday Inn due to the effects of the storm and that the hotel was not going to re-open until December 1.

Then, I checked the Holiday Inn web site the next day and a note stated the hotel would re-open November 7. Assuming that is accurate, I called Hotwire to see if they would reactivate my original purchase since the hotel seemed like it would be open for the dates of my original purchase. A Hotwire rep told me they could not do that but to check their web site for other properties.

At the risk of sounding selfish, by comparison to the damage of the storm this is trivial, does anyone have thoughts on this? Should Hotwire have reinstated my original purchase since the hotel is reopening November 7 and not December 1?

An update: I decided to try Priceline and I put in $55 for a 3-star hotel in the Beach Area -- same dates as listed in a prior post (11/29/-12/6). First time I have ever used Priceline. It was accepted. And....it turned out to be the Holiday Inn on Fort Lauderdale Beach -- the same one that Hotwire canceled (at $54/night).

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]