Phoenix Car Rental

JSW999
By JSW999,
in

Anyone know why Phoenix car rental prices have increased so much in the last year. February 2013 I booked a full size car for $14 a day on priceline. I've bid 27 dollars this year for the same dates and still can't "win"

Aaron is right, we often go the month after you, and there have been some area events that wipe out the hotels and rental cars, like the huge horse show, and baseball spring training dates. There are web sites listing an events calendar. Each year we hope our winning bid for a car isn't Budget, they price them low and there is a huge lineup at the counter all afternoon and evening, takes over an hour to get a car, only a couple agents working. And the other rental companies are empty. Best of luck,

-Bob

• 2 weeks later...

Two years ago I remember the same situation with rental cars in Phoenix during the MLB Spring Training time frame; sky high through conventional channels and through PRICELINE / HOTWIRE more than a month out. I ended up getting a good rental car deal about a week out of my trip so it seems the best policy is to book a good conventional deal as a back-up and try to bid HOTWIRE / PRICELINE really close to your trip. I'll be attempting it this year again as i'll be in Phoenix the end of March.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]