Hotwire Hotel: Visiting DisneyWorld

Noela
By Noela,
in

Hello Fellows:

I plan to visit Disney with my family (5 in all: 2 adults, 2 teenagers and a 9 yr old) later in April.

We will stay for 1 week, and need two rooms, with a star rating of about 3* to 3.5*

We want to stay as close (approx 5 miles) to the Disney resorts as possible (maybe within 5 miles).

I know we have a choice of on-site versus off-site accommodations. We will be driving in, and would therefore have access to our own car.

Generally, what are some of the things to consider as far as accommodation is concerned? What should I realistically budget for a room / night?

I know some of the questions are rather general at this time, but hopefully, with some input, I can re-focus and come back with more questions.

cheers, Noela

Generally, what are some of the things to consider as far as accommodation is concerned?
I'm not sure that I understand what your asking for here. But the main question is, when in April are you going? Are you visiting Orlando during Easter with the rest of the USA? Please let us know your dates. We can't give you an estimate for budget without knowing your dates. Also, what budget (ideal) do you have in mind per room?

Also, general things to consider are. How much downtime will you have at the hotel, do you need a nice pool area, do you need a fridge in your room. Is there any special area you want to stay in, like close to DT Disney etc.

I have been going to Orlando for many years so I'm very familiar with the area. But I need you to be more specific so I point you in the right direction.

Yellowdog.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchases and searches.

Thanks Yellowdog for your willingness. Yes, I know specifics would help - here are some:

Dates: April 12 - 19 (a day before Easter).

Budget: Maximum of $1000 for accommodation, which breaks it down to about $80 max per room.

Downtime etc: Sure, we will spend sometime at the hotel, maybe about 3 hours per day, and we would at least need a fridge and a microwave so we can heat / prepare some light meals.

Preferred Areas:

-- Yes, close to Downtown Disney area would be good since we will spend most of our time - about 3 days visiting Disney parks;

-- and we will have a car, so visiting other attractions like Universal Orlando too

cheers, Noela

and we would at least need a fridge and a microwave so we can heat / prepare some light meals.
This will limit you to HOTWIRE since you have no control over things like this when you're bidding on PRICELINE

I have not yet looked at the rates but my advice is to book your stay pretty fast since the last days of your stay will be busy days in Orlando.

Would you be ok with both the HOTWIRE LBV-Downtown Disney and Disney Main Gate-Celebration zones? Both are close to the parks and DT Disney

You budget will not allow you to stay on-site. And I wouldn't recommend you to stay at any Disney value resort hotels with two teenagers

Let us know your thoughts and we'll go from there.

Yellowdog.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchases and searches.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been going to Disney for over 20 years and as far as hotel locations I don't try to book a place that is closest distance wise to Disney.

I did that a few times and found that to be limiting.

If you stay inside Disney or very close, you end up having to eat every meal either at the hotel or inside the park. For me I like to have my selection of restaurants, and being way inside Disney you have to drive back out to go to an IHOP for breakfast, do now I tend to stay at places a few blocks from I-4 / I-Drive.

I also don't like the free transportation from those hotels to Disney. Too long a wait time. Buses every 30 minutes but it's only a 5-10 minute drive anyways, you do save $15 parking fee at the parks.

The only time I would stay right at Disney is if I am doing those park hopper passes during the summer. In that situation I can go to one park from say 8 to noon, leave and go back to the hotel for a nap or pool time, then go to anoanother park after an early dinner from 8-midnight. The lines are much shorter then. Last week Magic Kingdom opened till 1am.

• 1 month later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]