MCO Orlando Full Size Alamo

Jerseyguy
By Jerseyguy,
in

Looking for a Full Size car in Orlando from January 25th thru February 9th. Lowest retail rate via Car Rental Checker $27.85 a day=896 all in

Used the PRICELINE link and bid upto $17 for a full size car no dice. Have a backup reservation for $856.69 with AVIS. Don't want to go above $18 or approx $700 all-in. Willing to pay to know I will be able to use AVIS and my Preferred status. Don't know why but prices in TPA are much lower with Hotwire showing $11 for full-size for those dates.

Don't know why but prices in TPA are much lower with HOTWIRE showing $11 for full-size for those dates.

I think the end of your dates overlaps with the President's Day holiday and some public schools get quite a few days off (up to a full week) by combining it with other holidays... if i'm correct in the actual dates of the holiday(s) this year, MCO would be a much busier location (vs. TPA) as families take advantage of the kids being off from school and heading to Disney.

Also, given the length of your rental, there could be a large convention at some point in time during your 25 day rental that is driving (pun intended :P... sorry, it's late) up rates for the entire period.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Alamo is quoating $585 on alamo.com for a fullsize for those dates. Make sure to sign up for the insider club and be logged in when you search for your rates. and, if you use the $25 off the $175 promo coupon, you can get the rate down to $555.

to be clear, the quote on Alamo is for the dates 1/25 to 2/9, per the text of your message, not the title. If you are looking through the 19th, it is way more.

Sorry for the confusion.

Yesterday I was able to get a cheaper backup reservation at Budget for a total of $650.11 all-in (the PRICELINE equivilant of $16 a day with all taxes and fees). Don't expect to get any cheaper as Hotwire isn't showing a opaque rate only a retail $20.69 ($693.77 all in) for Alamo. Will continue to bid on PRICELINE though just incase. Will continue to use the link for PRICELINE NYOP.

Interesting thing I just noticed, rates can be different with different times. On HOTWIRE I put in 1/25 700pm to 2/19 7:00pm and I get $21.95 a day 1/25 700pm to 530pm gets me $18.95 a day. Perhaps this also works for bids being accepted on Priceline. Guess you should always experiment with times (provided they are roughly around your arrival and departure times) on Hotwire and then use the best times to bid on PRICELINE.

The time of day that you bid has nothing to do with rates being higher/lower at a certain time. HOTWIRE uses a variable mark-up in their pricing algorithm, so it is not uncommon to see rates change a little one way or the the other from one search to the next.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Just to update for those who might be looking at similar dates, price has continued to go down, now have a backup reservation at Dollar for $13.77 a day $493.70 all-in (equivalent of roughly $11 a day on priceline). I guess whatever was increasing the rate before didn't pan out as far as rentals go. Will continue bidding on Priceline, can't hurt in these final days before the rental.

...now have a backup reservation at Dollar...

Please also remember to check our Support Page for your direct travel purchases where we have links to most of the major travel suppliers, including Dollar.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks, and let us know if you are ultimately able to beat your current back-up reservation.

Please also remember to check our Support Page for your direct travel purchases where we have links to most of the major travel suppliers, including Dollar.

Thanks, and let us know if you are ultimately able to beat your current back-up reservation.

Yesterday I was able to get a retail reservation with Alamo for $10.87 a day plus taxes $408.61 all-in (Equivalent of $8 a day on Priceline). Thats going to be my final attempt as the rental is for tommorrow and prices have gone up from yesterday.

After many days starting from $856 at Budget I was able to pick up a full sixe car at Alamo in MCO for $408.61

Pickup: 1/25/14

Drop Off: 2/19/14

Base Rate: $271.52

Taxes: $137.09

Total: $408.61

Alamo Insiders 10% discount and Coupon for $25 off weekly of $175 or more.

I originally tried with PRICELINE.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]