Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Orlando (Airport MCO) Orlando Airport Marriott

LokiRN
By LokiRN,
in

Hello BB, I will be bidding for 1 or 2 days targeting the Orlando Airport-MCO (name your price area#15). I was questioning the BB PL hotel list which lists the Florida Hotel/Conf Center as an MCO hotel win since the Florida Mall(except a small portion on the PL map) is within Orlando Airport West- FL Mall Area (area#13).

By reviews the FL Hotel(3.5*) has been charging an added resort fee upon check-in. I disagree with the added "resort fee" here and this hotel is about a mile or more outside MCO area#15 border. Basically, I wish to bid for closest to the airport.

When I questioned PL re bidding--- "Trying to bid Orlando/MCO= map Area 15 for 3.5* room. The FL

Hotel/Conf. Center is in the Fl Mall(Area 13) but is listed as an MCO/15

hotel- Which is correct? If I bid only Area 15 is Fl Hotel a possible

win? Per reviews they charge an added resort fee on check-in, is that

allowed? Can bidder refuse it? Thank you."

They replied--- "Please note that the areas presented for Name Your Own Price

reservations are not the same as those offered for our retail rates.

When requesting a reservation where the hotel name is not revealed prior

to purchase, we provide you with one or more area maps that break major

cities into more manageable areas. These maps clearly outline the

boundaries of each area. Your confirmed hotel is guaranteed to be within

the area boundaries shown prior to purchase."

The last 2 sentences including *maps clearly outline boundaries* and *guaranteed to be within the area boundaries shown prior to purchase* would seem to exclude FL Hotel from area#15 bids. PL did not address question re 3.5* hotel charging added resort fees and could bidder refuse them. To me the bid plus taxes and fees shown as the total cost of your bid should be the max price with "resort fees" built into the total bid not an extra fee. SIGH.. the world does not always work as I wish:) In the past I have bid for resorts, been aware of the impending added fees and paid without complaint.

I will likely still bid for MCO and avoid including area#13 as a re-bid area and see what happens.

Thanks to BB for the hotel lists which alerted me to the possiblity of a less desirable (for me) win. The BB lists are always excellent to help me choose what areas and star levels to bid.

Regards,

Congratulations on your success... looks like an excellent win and that you're pleased with the results.

It looks like there was a new zone boundary drawn for this area and the Florida Hotel and Conference Center is now located in the Airport West zone, we have updated the Priceline Hotel List accordingly, thanks for letting us know.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Have a great stay!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]