Priceline Hotel: Vancouver Marriott Pinnacle $72

smarttraveler
By smarttraveler,
in

After reading the Vancouver posts, I was hoping to score Westin Bayshore for around $65 - $85.

I bid $65 for 4 stars - Vancouver, rejected, got one time offer to increase my bid by $17 ($82), then I thought better of it. Re-bid $72 by entering Delta as a re-bid zone and my offer was accepted!

But, it was the Marriott Pinnacle. I stayed at this property before and it's nice and $72 is quite a deal.

Went there on 10/22 and the hotel was quite busy, Western Canada music awards was being held there.

We happened to get a very nice desk clerk and got to check in early (12 noon) while hearing others had to wait until 3 pm. We did not get a Priceline "cold shoulder" at check in - we ended up getting a very nice corner room! Marriott also just upgraded their bedding so it's almost as nice as the heavenly bed by Westin or Sheraton's sweet sleeper.

At check out, it was a different story. We were denied late check out (probably because they were very much booked). They tried to charge me for the room, I told them the room was pre-paid directly to Priceline. He took forever searching their PC, then had to bring in a manager to clarify. Then, he said "Priceline always gives us a headache...". Yeah, whatever. I don't think they get too many priceline bids. I checked out all 4* hotels for Vancouver, and they are all great properties.

I usually use Hotwire, but since it was a last minut booking, Hotwire was way too expensive.

Thanks betterbidding. - ST

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]