Priceline Hotel: 3* Orlando (Universal Orlando Resort Area - Intl. Drive North) Four Points By Sheraton Studio City

MIChessGuy
By MIChessGuy,
in

I do not know the Maingate West area that well and was wondering what property this 2.5* Priceline Express might be --

"$33/night for Jan. 26-31, 2014

Additional mandatory fee: $19.75 [i take that to mean $3.95 nightly resort fee]

Free Breakfast

Free Internet in room

Outdoor Swimming Pool

Free Parking

Restaurant

Guest Score: rated 7.0/10"

Thanks for your help!

Hmm, I thought I saw it again when re-doing the same search a moment ago, but upon selecting it all I got was "Pricing and inventory changes often and the deal you selected is no longer available." D'oh.

Anyway, at least I remembered to use the PRICELINE link both times. :)

I wasn't too happy with the PRICELINE EXPRESS deals currently on offer. So, I utilized a 5%-off coupon they sent me (expiring tonight) and won the following Name Your Own Price deal instead:

Bid $32.00 for 2.5* Universal Orlando Resort Area - Intl. Drive North, 5 nights (Jan. 26-31, 2014)

Waited a loooooooong time with Bill Shatner staring at me....finally got a strange message about the search taking longer than expected and please wait 15 minutes or some such, which I've never seen before. I assume tons of people were slamming the site at once.

Anyhoo, after doing a 'check status,' I found that I had been upgraded to the 3* Four Points by Sheraton Orlando Studio City! Even with the $10.00 nightly "facilities fee" they charge :huh: , it is still a very good deal. Free parking, free internet, and according to mousesavers, some rooms even have views of Universal. Looking forward to it.

Below are the details. As always, thanks for all your help.

Offer Price:

avg. per room, per night $32.00

Rooms: 1

Nights: 5

Room Subtotal: $160.00

Taxes & Fees: $30.10

Priceline Hotel Coupon: -$8.00 Congratulations! Your 5% coupon successfully applied!

Total Charged to Card: $182.10

Congratulations on your success!

Nicely done! Glad to see you're pleased with the outcome and this will work well for your plans.

The "we will have an answer for your in 15 minutes" is from PRICELINE's old system and it used to take 15 minutes to hear back from each bid attempt. Now that message appears whenever PRICELINE is having an issue checking your bid price against available rates (could be a server issue, communication issue, technical issue, too many users in the queue for rates, etc).

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]