Priceline Hotel: 3* New York City (Times Square - Theatre District) The Manhattan Hotel at Times Square

gyzh
By gyzh,
in

Looking for 3* (and above) for 1/11-1/13 near Herald Square in Manhattan, i.e. the areas below:

Empire State

Madison Square Garden

Chelsea

Times Square

(Maybe Midtown Central/East)

Any idea of what I should start my bids at to get the lowest price and/or what bidding strategy I should use?

I'm getting ~$125/night pre-tax on Hotels.com for a 3* (e.g. Holiday Inn Midtown 31st street). HOTWIRE also shows ~$92 for Times Square, ~$96 for Empire State. I'd like to try and get below these.

Thanks

Welcome to BetterBidding!

So is the gameplan to use $91 as your maximum bid price (since HOTWIRE has a 3* hotel for $90 and you wanted to try to beat the HOTWIRE rate)?

Let us know if we should include Midtown East and/or Midtown Central (i'm assuming you mean Midtown West as PRICELINE has no Midtown Central zone, that is a zone name on HOTWIRE) and we will suggest a stratgy for you to follow.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

What about MTE... exclude that as well?

If so, to confirm, the goal would be a 3* or better hotel in the Empire State, Madison Square Garden, Chelsea, or Times Square zone with a maximum bid of $91?

Please confirm and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

No problem... just making sure the strategy we suggest is inline with your goals.

Select 3* ESB...

Bid $75, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3* MSG...

Select 3* Chelsea...

Select 3* TS...

Select 3* ESB and MSG...

Bid $80, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3* Chelsea and TS...

Bid $80, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3* ESB and Chelsea...

Bid $83, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3* MSG and TS...

Bid $83, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3* ESB and TS...

Bid $85, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3* MSG and Chelsea...

Bid $85, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3* ESB, MSG, Chelsea...

Bid $88, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3* ESB, MSG, TS...

Bid $88, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3* ESB, MSG, Chelsea, TS...

Bid $90

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Congratulations on your success!

Nice to see you received a great rate for this NYC trip and that you're pleased with the results.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Enjoy your stay.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd give it a 3/5. Staff was very friendly. We checked out 45 mins late with no penalties. They provided toothbrush/toothpaste on request. Location is great - right next to the Gershwin/Wicked theater and Times Square. However facilities are a bit old. Bed was clean but a bit squeaky. TV is a ~40" but only standard def and channel selection was finnicky. Cold water faucet didn't work right. Tub had cracks on the bottom. The hallways could also use some paint and TLC. However they were renovating the lobby when I was there so my guess is these problems will be solved with time. Also, no free WiFi in-room. I didn't check out their other amenities. I also saw some (free?) breakfast stuff in the lobby but didn't try it. For this price though, would probably stay again.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]