Hotwire Hotel: 4* New York City (Midtown East) Doubletree Metropolitan

travelAlot
By travelAlot,
in

Howdy, I need your help, usually I'm one of those folks on here who's pretty independent and who can figure out hotel identities and strategies in my sleep. And I always book through your links.

But I'm stumped, looking at Saturday January 25 thru Saturday February 1 as my visit dates for New York City. I'm on my cell phone right now so a bit limited as far as cut and paste the amenities so bear with me.

Hotel #1

Empire State Building Area hotel zone, $108

3.5 stars w " still gathering reviews " with 4.5 TripAdvisor ratings

Amenities, free internet, business center, laundry, Internet, accessible def, accessible path travel, handicap parking

.. Thought maybe Radisson but it is 4.0 on

TripAdvisor

...Thoughts?

Hotel #2

Times Square Theatre District area hotel, $101-107

3.5 Stars with 80 percent recommended and 4.0 TripAdvisor

Amenities, free internet holes, fitness center, Business Center, indoor pool, laundry, spa, accessible path

..my guess is Room Mate Grace Hotel, based on its pool, spa, and also 4.0 rating

.. Any other guesses or hotels in that area that would have swimming pools? Haven't seen this hotel successful for building or on opaque Hotwire or Priceline flights.

Hotel #3

Empire State Building Area hotel zone

2.5 stars, 100 percent recommended, no TripAdvisor ratings

. Amenities, free breakfast, free internet, restaurant, Internet

... My guess is possibly Grand Union ( but hotels.com rates it as three stars) could be Bedford which I want to avoid. Nothing in any of my cross search is really validates what this could be, I may just get the hotel for ast 2 nights rather than 7 but I would feel better with an idea of what it is

...any thoughts?

Also in terms of background, I know this is Super Bowl week and plays into availability. I do have a backup reservation for 6 nights that can be cancelled (can cut my stay short to 6 nights instead of 7), and have some ideas about splitting the stay (5 + 2 but would prefer not to). I know I can wait to bed and have that luxury, not sure regarding New York City what is the better strategy.

Thank you to each and every person who may respond to this, I really appreciate any insight or direction or suggestions, NYC is not in my wheelhouse unlike most other big cities for opaque hotels

Here is what i'm currently seeing for each when searching HOTWIRE for your dates and my best guess for each:

3.5* ESB

Free Internet

Business

Laundry

Hi-Speed Internet

Deaf Accessible

Travel Accessible

Handicapped Parking

--> no guess

3.5* Times Square

Free Internet

Boutique

Indoor Pool

Fitness

Pool

Business

Laundry

Spa

Travel Accessible

Room Accessible

Wheelchair Accessible

Bathroom Accessible

Roll-in Shower

--> ROOM MATE GRACE-NEW YORK CITY

2.5* ESB

Complimentary Breakfast

Free Internet

Restaurant

Hi-Speed Internet

--> possibly the Hotel Stanford but i'm not certain

I'm seeing higher rated hotels then these for about the same price or not much more... what exactly are you looking for from this stay? Why the hotels above?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hey there and thanks for the guidance. The reason for my confusion is that this was originally going to be a 5- or 6-day trip, and logistics have me leaning to 7 days (preferably in same hotel). (Truth be told, huge football fan -- have done 7 of last 12 Super Bowl host cities during game week but not the game, NYC was on the fence based on winter/weather and other factors).

Re cost, I'm trying to keep reasonable as am traveling solo. The 2.5* is feasible if I could ID in advance with some assurance (both of our best efforts aren't definite and PL/Hotwire-Hotels.com both rate this as 3 stars not 2.5). Looking at the 2.5-star if have to split stay for last 2 nights -- great 4-star opportunities Sat-Thurs. Trying to equal or beat the $700 or so total cost on my 6-night cancellable res.

On location: trying to stay fairly central, Times Square not among fav locations but amenities (free internet, refrigerator, etc.) are a factor when there for 7 days (I have smartphone but I realize there can be pockets of no service with buildings). Midtown East (avoiding Roosevelt though), Midtown West, ESB or Chelsea alright for really nice hotel (well-rated 3 star or 3.5/above), CPS for 4-star only...ESB is preference based on being so central. Open to ideas (only been to NYC once since college days -- and at that, Wellington was it in 2012). May bid on PL based on likely inventory, have been comparing Express Deals & VP, too. (don't worry I always bid through your links and would post accordingly).

Hope that helps. Thanks again for your time and assistance. You're awesome for the great things you do for me and others on this Board (I'm a longtime convert from TOBB). Any feedback or ideas appreciated.

If you didn't, please note that we are an affiliate of the La Quinta as well as most other major hotel chains and online booking agencies... please check for and use the links in the Support Page for your hotel direct purchases whenever possible.

Rates are not high for your dates, so i think you first need to decide what is most important to you for this trip... the lowest price, if you're willing to pay a little more for a higher rated hotel, how many nites you want to stay, etc.

What looks to be the Yotel Times Square is well reviewed and available for $96/nite for your 6 nite stay.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thx...I identified Yotel and prefer to avoid it as too far west and prefer to be more central to east

Also may have figured out ESB 2.5 star as possibly Hotel 17 which is far south of zone (the same stars on on Expedia sites and 2 on Priceline).

With LaQuinta this was booked 10 months ago to lock in rate/room type as backup.

Much appreciated, will keep you posted and list what I do decide, of course booked through your links

Just curious also is there a rhyme or reason to PRICELINE EXPRESS deals? Kind of tough to figure out the logistics, I did see Times Square 3 star with shuttle, Business Center, and gym/spa amenities. Also when you click through to the room type it offers at the cheap price one queen bed in a renovated tech savvy room.

I couldn't really definitively match up anything, biggest concern is avoiding Best Western President but there was no free internet icon. No guest rating:, so obviously below 7, could be Hotel Manhattan but it has king beds.

Even when i can get this property to appear for 1/25-1/30, if i click the link to continue i get a message that the property is no longer offered... i think this hotel may have pulled their inventory for these dates at this time. Are you able to 'click thru' to the next page and still see the offer available?

• 1 month later...

Good day. Just wanted to post some info that would allow this thread/topic to be closed.

I had the existing reservations already on hold. Also had Holiday Inn Chelsea via Priceline (using BB link) as backups hoping the IHG would price match (free night plus match) but the cancellation date (24 hrs apart) was used as a technicality to not match. Then as the date got close and I was monitoring things, inexplicably Hotwire showed a Midtown East 4-star for $81/night with January 25 checkin and Feb 3 checkout (day after Super Bowl). Meaning no change of hotels needed.

Did try bidding on PRICELINE (using your link) beneath final HOTWIRE cost but unsuccessful. Here are my Hotwire booking details:

$81 night rate

Sat Jan 25 - Mon Feb 3

4-star Midtown East

DoubleTree Metropolitan

Amenities:

Pet friendly

Fitness Center

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

Self service laundry

Internet access

Accessible path of travel

In-room accessibility

Accessible bathroom

Roll-in shower

The stay by the way was amazing, hotel staff was incredible, and location very good. Did get stranded (bad weather, cancelled flight) and did book an additional night using your link (I'll post that next).

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]