"Hotel block" function in Hotwire Express

texashighway
By texashighway,
in

As a Hotwire Express member, one of the options given me is the "ability to block unwanted hotels by using "Hotel Block"". I wonder where and how I could do that. I have no need of the function right now but I know there are certain dreaded hotels that I would like to avoid in the future. Has any members ever used that function successfully?

I believe you can only block a hotel that you have previously won (and stayed in) thru HOTWIRE... you can't simply make a list of hotels in a given area that you don't want and exclude them from appearing in a HOTWIRE search.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Here is the answer I received in an email from Hotwire Express:

As a PRICELINE EXPRESS customer, one of the benefits of the Express program is the ability to block certain hotels from all your future searches on Hotwire. You may reply to this email or call our Hotwire Express Agents at the number below to initiate the block. You will receive a confirmation email once the block is in place. After the hotel is blocked, you must be logged into your account on the Hotwire site for the hotel to be removed from your results. Removing this hotel from your search results may limit availability and cause higher rates for this location. Please note that we are only able to block the particular hotel at this location and not an entire chain of hotels.

In addition they wrote:

In regards to Star Rating upgrade, once a star upgrade is offered and not chosen, it is no longer available for booking at the upgrade rate. As part of your Express membership you may from time to time be offered star upgrades again.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]