Priceline Hotel: Hyatt on the hudson

paly1
By paly1,
in

Any tips on bidding for hyatt - 2 rooms for 5 nights from 11/12? - Really want to stay at Hyatt on the Hudson - does anyone know if priceline 3 and half star upscale includes any other hotels in jersey city or just hyatt? Same for Hotwire??

Any tips on bidding for hyatt - 2 rooms for 5 nights from 11/12? - Really want to stay at Hyatt on the Hudson - does anyone know if priceline 3 and half star upscale includes any other hotels in jersey city or just hyatt? Same for Hotwire?? many thanks:)

it looks like the Candlewood Suites is available for $169 on Hotwire, this is a 2* with Fitness center, Kitchenette, High Speed Internet, and Laundry Facilities The rate on Hyatt's website is $259 on weekends and $349 on weekdays. I think its going to be difficult getting the Hyatt for all 5 nights, have you considered splitting your bid if you proceed with Priceline?

Thanks for that - I tried Priceline and split my bid - did sat and sun nights for 87 - didn't get that, then did the 3 week nights mon-thurs for 193 but no luck - then tried the whole thing for 197 - still nothing - have been able to book direct for the sat and sun at 199 plus tax so i figure thats ok but the last 3 nights, 2 are at 329 and the 17th has no rooms!

Have you any experiance regarding the sheraton suites on the hudson??...i think i can get that for around 209 for the last 3 nights making it not a bad deal but way more than i have ever paid for NYC/jersey city...

Things have gone up across the waters!!

paly:)

Things have gone up across the waters!!

you should see the prices in Manhattan :) Prices are outrageous on both sides of the Hudson!

the days of $37 bids at the Hyatt are but a memory....I haven't stayed at the Sheraton, but I've never had a bad stay at a Sheraton. Access to the PATH train is via a surface rail system called "Hudson Light Rail" which is one block away from the hotel, take the light rail to Hoboken and you are just a minutes away from Manhattan. Good luck, and please use the Travel Links to Help Support BetterBidding.

I was part of those $37 days:))...

Just one thing - the 3 star delux on priceline for jersey city - does that only include the hyatt or can i get something else???....i don't want to bid if i get something different and have to switch hotels...i am wondering what star priceline make the sheraton suites??

i have one last theory - weds night is all sold out for the hyatt even through their hotel direct so i am going to try and bid for mon and tues nights better than the 329 hyatt are quoting - how much do u suggest for a good chance??

:)

ps..thanks and i will use the links...this is a reat site!

The other 3* property on Priceline is the Doubletree in Jersey City although we have not seen many winning bids recently, so if you bid at the 3* level, you may get this property. Using Hotwire accessed through savingsbarn.com it looks like the Hyatt is available for $211 for the first two days. For the dates 11/12-11/16, the rate jumps to $238. Your are locked out of bidding for a few days, so I would definately book a cancellable backup. After your 72 hour lockout is over, you might want to $150 at the 3* level for your first two nights as this could reduce your average rate for 5 days (knowing that there is a chance that you might get the Doubletree). As far as Monday and Tuesday Bid, you will need to increase it from $197.

The Marriott Courtyard Jersey City Newport is available on weekends at $179, but the rate jumps to $239 for all 5 days and looks like it is unavailable for just the last 3 days. This is a great location next to the PATH station. The only reported 2.5* property is the Courtyard and you may want to bid $ 130.

The Sheraton Suites has not been reported.

I have booked back-up on hyatt...

The doubletree as a hotel is on the 3 star rate on priceline and hyatt hotels are on the 3 star delux so if i bid for only 3 star delux will i def only get the hyatt??...don't want to switch hotels and am getting the good weekend rate direct with hyatt at 199 inc bfast which is about 15$ a person...

Any advice?

I'm using the priceline.com site and in the Jersey City zone it only shows 3*, not sure where you are seeing the 3* delux. Which site are you using to bid? This hotel has only been reported to this board as being a 3* property.

No one has reported a recent win at the Doubletree, but when bidding at the 3* level, there is always a chance that this property could accept a bid.

I've stayed at both properties and everything about the Hyatt is exceptional yet the Doubletree is such a let down from the indifferent staff to the location to the condition of the rooms and common areas. It puzzles me that both properties carry the same rating.

My advice is if you want the Hyatt, you will need to bite the bullet and keep your back up reservation if you don't want to change hotels. If you feel lucky, bid at the 3*, you have time before your stay so you can bid every 72 hours. I would still consider the 2.5* Marriott Courtyard because of its location, price, and proximity to the PATH staion for access into NYC.

no luck on hotwire - i can only get a better deal if i book the 14th night on its own - am getting 276 as opposed to 329 hyatt are counting me (still save 100$ on 2 rooms tax etc)...but am only getting the 15 and 16th nights if i book 13-16 - then i get 263$ - that way i am paying more for the 13th which i get through hyatt themselves at 199 -

i guess i have to do the math and work out the best deal minus the b'fast (which is pretty good at the hyatt) if i book hotwire...

i dont trust priceline now with their 3* inc. the doubletree.....

any other stratergies???

:)

can you do the math and post the results of your two options and we can look at a strategy?

Thanks!

BTW, it looks like the Candlewood is available for all 5 nights @ $165 on Hotwire..........it sure isn't they Hyatt, but its a good deal in a great location, easy access to the PATH. Rooms have one queen bed and a kitchenette. You can still go to the Hyatt for breakfast & dinner with your savings, have a great view of Manhattan and still come out $$ ahead :)

Also, what Priceline site are you using to get the 3* delux??

Last night I was getting 225$ on hotwire for the night of the 14th - when i went to pay it timed me out - did it a second time and on a 3rd then went up to 305 which is where it is still at!! - i am waiting for it to get cold and hope that it will fall again - this is becoming ridicoulous...biting the bullet is becoming a reality - i wouldn't mind candlewood but i am bringing my parents and like the hyatt for its added luxury even though the prices are steep compared...

on pricewire the 3* is upscale (sorry not delux) - and this is the same for the doubletree - i think hyatt on the hudson should complain as they were a 4* and are on hotwire!!

any other deals ideas re. hyatt let me know - still have 2 weeks to play with - do the prices fluctuate and possibly get cheaper nearer the time due to cancellations?

i think hyatt on the hudson should complain as they were a 4* and are on hotwire!!

the Hyatt might like the rating @ 3* because it makes the hotel more "opaque" to bidders :)

The Hyatt is also sold out for the night of the 14th, so I would keep checking back as your dates approach, you can access the Hyatt website through the Travel Links to Help Support BetterBidding above.

The Candlewood won't work for you.

Do prices fluctuate? Yes, both up and down depending on the occupancy levels so you will need to monitor this on both the Hyatt and Hotwire website.

From Dave:

It is a risk biting the bullet but from my experience last month bidding for a friend, I noted that prices dropped approximately 5-7 days from the actual date of stay in my case.

make your cancellable back up reservation and you might get a winning bid

thanks for both posts and continued help - i will use the links to hopefully get a better deal than i have with the back-up booking with the hyatt at the moment....

saying that, looking at the prices in NYC i am not feeling too bad:)

I will keep you updated on what happens in the next few days..

thanks again for all the help and the great website!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]