Denver

schossow5
By schossow5,
in

I'm looking at flights for 2 adults roundtrip from Milwaukee(MKE) to Denver(DEN) Dec 26th-Jan1st. I was looking at the bidding option on PL and am not sure how that works or if it is worth doing for this trip. Any help would be appreciated. 2 days ago a flight with frontier was around $230 and now its up to $363. I'm wondering if I should wait or if the price will just continue to go up.

Nobody can say if rates will come down, or move higher, between now and your trip.

At current rates how much of a discount would you need to make an opaque purchase (where you don't know the departure times, airline, layover city, length of layover, etc) worthwhile?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

A 30% discount from the current $363 rate is about $240 all-in. When bidding on airfare you have an almost unlimited number of re-bid zones using method discussed in this Priceline Airfare Re-Bidding thread (in particular pay attention to the 2nd post)

You can therefore start at about $150 and increase between $5-$25 per re-bid attempt, larger increments at the lower bid amounts (when your chances are lower) and smaller increments at the larger bid amounts (as your chances increase) until you hit your $240 all-in price.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]