Priceline Hotel: Charleston, SC. Ashley river or west charleston help

deresc
By deresc,
in

Looking for help identifying the following hotels for 12/27-12/29. 2 rooms.

Hotwire hotels for west charleston:

3 star. 95% rec rating. For $60

2 1/2 star. Still gathering reviews. For $73

2 star. still gathering. For $54

Priceline express hotels for Asley River:

3 star. 7/10 rating. For $88

2 star. 7/10 rating. for $66

2 1/2 star. No rating. For $77

Priceline also lists West Charleston:

2 1/2 star. 8/10. For $62

2 star. 7/10. For $73

Thanks

Welcome to BetterBidding!

What is it exactly that you're looking for from this stay?

Please try to narrow your focus a bit as some of the hotels above don't seem like very good values relative to the other offers. For example, in the West Charleston zone:

2 1/2 star. 8/10. For $62

2 star. 7/10. For $73

The 2* is more expensive, has a lower star rating, and less positive reviews than the 2.5* in the same zone... does the 2* seem like a realistic option based upon the other offers?

Please try to determine what is important to you for this stay and filter the options to just a few and we can start with those (if none are acceptable then we can begin to consider the others which on the surface do not seem like viable options), but identifying properties is a time consuming process so we ask that you try to limit identifying requests to those offers that are most attractive, and not every hotel offered in the zones that you're considering.

For help with any HOTWIRE or PRICELINE EXPRESS offers we will need to know the amenities that are associated with the property.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Location as well as price. Families are gathering. Some are staying at LQ Ashley River, others at HI Express downtown, others in downtown at unaffordable places. Want to be near downtown w/o paying downtown prices. I would rather be nearer downtown which Priceline lists as Ashley River but Hotwire does not separate out that area. I don't want to be out near I-526 in west Charleston unless it is a spectacular deal. I agree with you as far as the 2 W Charleston hotels..that the 2 star is not the better deal but if it is closer to the downtown area that would be important.

So trying to narrow my list I would be most interested in the Hotwire 3* West Charleston for $60 w/ 95% rec and then PL's Ashley River 3* 7/10 $88.

Any comments you have regarding choosing from a 2 star 7/10 $66 vs 2 1/2 star unknown rating for $77. What does the "we are still gathering reviews" really mean?

Thanks

..... What does the "we are still gathering reviews" really mean?

They have some unspecified minimum number of reviews they have to have before they will publish an average.

I've never seen any number on just how many reviews that is.

It does protect hotels from the single very picky person/competitor, and does protect customers from the single friend/family member/paid reviewer.

Romelle

For help with any HOTWIRE or PRICELINE EXPRESS offers we will need to know the amenities that are associated with the property.
I would be most interested in the Hotwire 3* West Charleston for $60 w/ 95% rec and then PL's Ashley River 3* 7/10 $88.

What are the amenities associated with the HOTWIRE 3* and the PRICELINE EXPRESS 3*?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The amenities for Hotwire 3* West Charleston: free parking, free breakfast, fitness center, pool(s), business center, self service laundry, internet access

Cancel the PL 3* Ashley River as it does not have free breakfast

If I could possibly get suggestions on the 2 1/2* Ashley River $77 with free breakfast, free Internet, outdoor pool, free parking, pets allowed, bed choice available

Thanks

For the 3* West Charleston property I believe there are more amenities then what you have posted above as HOTWIRE has a new interface that does not show the complete set of amenities unless you click thru a few extra links.

If you repeat your search using our BiddingHelper.com tool, and then click the HOTWIRE EASY VIEW tab, do you see more amenities then what you have listed above? This is what i'm seeing when searching for your dates:

Free Parking

Complimentary Breakfast

Fitness

Pool

Business

Laundry

Hi-Speed Internet

Blind Accessible

Deaf Accessible

Travel Accessible

Room Accessible

Bathroom Accessible

Handicapped Parking

Roll-in Shower

It's not an exact match from previous reports, but my best guess for this one would be a new amenity set for the Holiday Inn Express Charleston.

My guess for the PRICELINE EXPRESS property would be the La Quinta Inn and Suites Charleston Riverview.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases. (or the links in our Support Page if you decide to book direct where we have links to the La Quinta and most other major hotel chains and online booking agencies.

Let us know what you decide to do for this stay or if we can be of further help.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]