CHRISTMAS FLIGHTS

QUIN SHENE
By QUIN SHENE,
in

Hi, this will be my first time bidding for flights. I am looking for 3 one way tickets from DTW to LAS on Christmas day, i have put in those dates and noticed that there are only one or two options for early am flights. I can't seem to get the sidebar to pop up that shows the percentages of how likely i'll be getting a flight at a certain time. Can anyone offer any helpful suggestions? Is it likely that if I wait a few days there will be new flight options?

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Please click each of these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links, then reply to this thread and we'll have a look at your post above.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... and your searches too!

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'm looking at flights for 2 adults roundtrip from Milwaukee(MKE) to Denver(DEN) Dec 26th-Jan1st. I was looking at the bidding option on PL and am not sure how that works or if it is worth doing for this trip. Any help would be appreciated. 2 days ago a flight with frontier was around $230 and now its up to $363. I'm wondering if I should wait or if the price will just continue to go up.

I'm looking at flights for 2 adults roundtrip from Milwaukee(MKE) to Denver(DEN) Dec 26th-Jan1st.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

For help with your own trip please start a NEW TOPIC and somebody will assist you there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I can't seem to get the sidebar to pop up that shows the percentages of how likely i'll be getting a flight at a certain time.

Are you on the bidding page of PRICELINE, as i'm not aware of any such sidebar that indicates the likelihood of a flight at any particular time. When you bid on PRICELINE you need to be willing to accept a flight that departs anytime between 6am-10pm... is this an acceptable condition? If so, what is the best fare you're able to find for this route on this day? How much of a discount would you need to make an opaque purchase (where you can't choose the flight times, carrier, layover city, length of layover, etc) worthwhile?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Hello, Yes I was on PRICELINE website when I saw some color coded bars on the side that said chances of getting flights between 6am-5pm 20% 6pm-10pm 60% 10pm& later 20% (this is just an example) but I cant seem to get that to show anymore. Right now the tickets are running close to $400 each with taxes and fees, I would only be willing to pay half or a little less than half of that without knowing exactly what time i would be arriving to my destination (only because i would hate to arrive at 9pm or after just because that would cut almost a whole day off of our vacation) and without knowing which airlines I would be on (airline is important because of additional baggage fees could add up to another $150 to the total for three people traveling)

I have never seen the screen you are referencing, but PRICELINE (and HOTWIRE) are always testing new interfaces so it's always possible this is something they are randomly testing.

I suspect that your goal of half price (or less) is likely a bit optimistic, as with the capacity cuts over the last few years there just aren't that many empty seats on flights anymore and airlines have generally not been that aggressive in discounting.

If you watn to give it a try, see the this thread: Priceline Airfare Re-Bidding (in particular the second post) as you have an almost unlimited number of re-bid zones. You can start at whatever number you'd like and gradually increase to your ~$200 limit with each re-bid zone.

Let us know how you make out or if we can be of further help.

Thank you, and I know its optimistic, but anythings possible right :) I have just been watching prices for flights all month and they seem to be cheaper the week before travel, although I am keeping in mind it is the holiday season and this might not apply for the week of Christmas, however I am going to wait a couple of days and check again, if prices have not dropped I will definitely be bidding on PRICELINE and keeping my fingers, eyes and toes crossed in hopes of getting somee flight tickets for lower than full price. Thank you for responding to my post and Happy Holidays!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]