Hotwire Hotel: 2* Las Vegas (West of Strip) Claremont Hotel

Dayfid
By Dayfid,
in

I'm new to this site, but I thought I'd share my experience:

2.0-starRating

Amenities: Free Parking, Free Breakfast, Free Internet, Pet friendly, Smoke Free Rooms, Pool(s), Accessible for the deaf, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Handicapped parking

---

the stay were extremely poor

The advertisement is inaccurate. It is nowhere near a 2-star hotel. the building is borderline condemned. the rooms are filthy.

There was no free breakfast. I didn't see a pool.

The side doors are left unlocked. Any homeless bum from the street can walk in and loiter in the hallways.

The hotel staff was also rude and didn't let me change rooms. they gave me a room on the side adjacent to the freeway and I got no sleep.

judging from the number of cars in the parking lot. I'd say the hotel was about 1/4 full.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

We have moved your post to its own thread so that others will be aware of your purchase when searching the topic titles on the board.

Can you please also add a reply to this thread confirming that you had won the Clarmont Hotel, as well as the room rate per nite (before fees/taxes) and the dates of your stay so we can also enable this topic to appear in the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Greetings, and sorry for the poor experience. If there are any amenities shown on your reservation but not available, you should call HOTWIRE immediately and dispute your stay. I have successfully done this in the past and have been awarded "hot dollars" good towards a future stay or the option to cancel the reservation.

However, I had a HOTWIRE stay that had a "business center" on the reservation and I argued that there was non such amenity. The next morning, the owner of the hotel produced a laptop computer and put it on one of the three tables in the breakfast room. This satisfied the "business center" designation for HOTWIRE and I was furious that this unscrupulous hotelier was gaming the system. The hotel did not meet its star rating and it was more of a motel. I even called the owner and he hung up on me, I got nowhere with HW customer service either.

At any rate, don't let this one bad experience keep you from using HOTWIRE, I have saved a ton of $$ over the years.

sorry to hear about your "business center" mishap. unlike an amenity i.e., a pool, in regards to a "business center" it appears to fall in a gray area where a misleading hotel can weasel its way out of something. Anyways...

I immediately emailed a complaint to hotwire, but the $33 refund or credit means little insomuch as I'd rather make a record of this ordeal to warn others about this trap. Just as well in response to my email, the hotwire rep said they were investigating my claims.

I've booked through hotwire numerous times and '2* Free Parking, Free Breakfast, Free Internet' typically gives me the extended stay america. I thought I would be getting the extended stay america on valley view & Flamingo because it was on the Las Vegas (West of Strip) map. But, to reiterate and as a warning to others reading this 2* Free Parking, Free Breakfast, Free Internet Las Vegas (West of Strip) will not get you the extended stay america.

Though it was a bad experience I've used hotwire many times and will continue to use it.

I've booked through hotwire numerous times and '2* Free Parking, Free Breakfast, Free Internet' typically gives me the extended stay america.

Can you please add your last win for this property to the board as a NEW TOPIC so that others will be aware of your win when searching the topic titles on the board and in the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins.

In your post please include the star rating, city, zone, hotel name, room rate per nite, dates of your stay and amenities shown before your purchase... you can still view all of this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

When trying to identify hotel you should always use the complete set of amenities as many properties differ from others in the zone by just one or two minor details.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Dear ,

We are contacting you about your recent stay at Claremont Las Vegas. We periodically review the star ratings of our hotel partners. After doing so for this hotel, we have decided to adjust the star rating to 1.0 stars. While we are confident in the quality of all our hotel partners, the new rating more accurately reflects the service level, accommodations and facilities of this property.

As such, we would like to offer you $25 HotDollars per room per night for your hotel reservation to use towards a future Hotwire reservation. HotDollars can be used for any hotel, flight, or Hotwire hot Rate rental car booking on Hotwire. Each HotDollar is equivalent to one U.S. dollar and is available for one year from the date of issuance.

If you have any questions regarding the HotDollars added to your account, please respond to this email.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Our customers are very important to us, and we would like you to have the best possible experience.

If you have already contacted Hotwire Customer Care regarding your reservation and the star rating adjustment, please disregard this message.

Sincerely,

Hotwire Customer Care

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]