Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* Oakland - Eastbay (Berkeley - Emeryville) Doubletree by Hilton Berkeley Marina

XT600
By XT600,
in

€97 official rates start $134+taxes - even there seems to be summit or so in Berkeley as e.g. the Super 8 (walking distance to University) has rates of $200++ :o for these days

Total for me $122,45 -

3.5* Berkeley-Emeryville, $97, 100% recommended

Amenities

•Free Parking

•Free Internet

•Pet friendly

•Indoor pool(s)

•Fitness Center

•Pool(s)

•Restaurant(s)

•Business Center

•Self service laundry

•Internet access

•Golf Nearby

•Tennis Nearby

•Accessible for the blind

•Accessible for the deaf

•Accessible path of travel

•In-room accessibility

•Accessible bathroom

•Handicapped parking

•Roll-in shower

I used $20 link in hotwire's email (valid only Dec 6th) and the discount was shown till checkout under "confirm payment":

"you'll be charged a total of $102,49 (including taxes and fees) - screenshot available.

However the webpage which appeard after I pressed the "confirm payment" botton and the confirmation email showed both the $20 not respected (payment $122,49).

I sent email to 'Hotwire Customer Care' <[email protected]> immediately after my purchase and also via their website (referring my booking number) but received not even a email that they have my inquiry?

Is this normal? - I suppose my bank will be easily be convinced that they need to refund the 20 bucks, however it would be refunded by my bank not by hotwire - I want that hotwire takes responsibility of their crappy website and refund the 20 bucks. B)

comments welcome!

I used $20 link in hotwire's email (valid only Dec 6th) and the discount was shown till checkout under "confirm payment":

"you'll be charged a total of $102,49 (including taxes and fees) - screenshot available.

However the webpage which appeard after I pressed the "confirm payment" botton and the confirmation email showed both the $20 not respected (payment $122,49).

I sent email to 'Hotwire Customer Care' <[email protected]> immediately after my purchase and also via their website (referring my booking number) but received not even a email that they have my inquiry?

Is this normal? - I suppose my bank will be easily be convinced that they need to refund the 20 bucks, however it would be refunded by my bank not by hotwire - I want that hotwire takes responsibility of their crappy website and refund the 20 bucks. B)

comments welcome!

thereyourare, do you really think I get any comment if you moved my question to the win thread? I don't know how is traffic here in the meantime (as the real deals with PL/HW are gone) but I'd appreciate to have my question in the Q&A area again!

Thanks

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]