Priceline Hotel: 4* DC (Dupont Circle - Woodley Park) Palomar Washington Dc, a Kimpton Hotel

cwl6750084
By cwl6750084,
in

I appreciate if anyone can offer help in identifying the following DC hotels:

1. 4.5* Dupont Circle - National Zoo 27-28 Nov for USD 103 + taxes

Amenities:

Fitness Center

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

Internet access

Accessible for the blind

Accessible path of travel

In-room accessibility

Accessible bathroom

Handicapped parking

Roll-in shower

2. 4* Capitol Hill - National Mall 27-28 Nov for USD 79 + taxes

Fitness Center

Business Center

Internet access

Accessible for the blind

Accessible for the deaf

In-room accessibility

Accessible bathroom

Handicapped parking

3. 4* Dupont Circle - National Zoo 27-28 Nov for USD 67 + taxes

Fitness Center

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

Internet access

In-room accessibility

Accessible bathroom

Roll-in shower

Does anyone have any ideas which of these areas (or if there are others areas) will be safer at night? I was told that DC is very dangerous after business with armed robbery and mugging on (busy) streets a normal occurrence. Kind of worry in picking a hotel in the wrong area (especially I do not drive). Thanks.

4.5 Dupont Circle - This listing has not yet been ID'd/reported to the board - the Dupont Circle Hotel with a new amenity set would be a possibility.

4* Capitol Hill - The Liason would be a potential match for this amenity set.

4* Dupont Circle-Nat Mall - I'd guess a new amenity set for the Hilton Washington and Towers would be a possibility, but it may be something else.

Hopefully someone local to the area can discuss specific safety concerns.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

I was advised that Foggy Down - Georgetown area is safer that the listed area.

This property is located in PRICELINE's Dupont Circle-Woodley Park zone and i have edited the topic title accordingly... did you also include this zone in your bidding? (this is the Palmoar at 2121 P Street NW, correct?)

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I cannot remember as I was bidding several hotels simultaneously. My friend told me to bid for Foggy Bottom-Georgetown, the first bid of USD 90 was not successful, I thought I just changed the star rating and also my bid price. I won the bid in the second trial, did not recall I added a zone. I might be wrong though - recent schedule had been very hectic.

Oh boy. My suggestion, get a driver and stay in burbs. I apologize, but really armed and dangerous after dark? This is 2013 and DC is a very vibrant city. Like any city, you need to use common sense. I would say Dupont for you, though know that spans really two neighborhoods. Dupont Circle and Woodley Park. There are metro stops at both, which would be good since you don't drive.

Oh boy. My suggestion, get a driver and stay in burbs.

eelmoo,

Not everyone comes from a city environment and in fact many may come from a very rural environment and being in a crowded and congested area with lots of people can be daunting.

I guess the bright side is that at least it prompted to make your second post to the board in over 3.5 years as a member... if you've had any PRICELINE or HOTWIRE wins during this time it would be apprecaited if you shared them with the board so that others can benefit from the information.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]