Hotwire Hotel: 4* Chicago Various

saldridge
By saldridge,
in

My travel dates are 11/28-30, and I would like to be close to the river and stay under $100 a night.

Using Biddinghelper.com, I am finding the following hotels for my search. Can you help me ID them? I can find some info but often they seem to now be lacking "Smoke free", probably because that's a given these days.

Thanks!

Chicago Loop - Theater District 90$

Pet friendly

Fitness Center

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

Internet access

Magnificent Mile North - Water Tower $74

Indoor pool(s)

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

Internet access

Downtown Chicago - Millennium Park - Grant Park $87

Smoke Free Rooms

Fitness Center

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

Self service laundry

Internet access

Spa Services

Accessible path of travel

In-room accessibility

Wheelchair accessible

Accessible bathroom

Roll-in shower

Magnificent Mile Area - River North $95

Pet friendly

Fitness Center

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

Internet access

4* Mag Mile N-WT - possible match for Hyatt on St Clair.

4* Downtown/Millennium - possible match for Hyatt on Wacker

4* Loop - I think there may be more amenities than you have posted above. If you search for your date/s via BiddingHelper.com and then click "Hotwire Easy View", do you see additional amenities beyond the amenities listed above? If so, please provide the full list and we would be happy to take a look and try to ID.

4* Mag Mile - no guess/not yet ID'd/reported to the board.

PRICELINE EXPRESS: I'd guess W Lakeshore.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Aaron - these have come and gone and while I was indecisive, I missed out on a killer deal - Executive King Suite at the Hyatt on Mag Mile for $99. Took to long to debate it with the boyfriend and when I tried to pull the trigger, the deal was gone.

Now I have another one, clicked through BiddingHelper.com (great job on that page btw)

11/28-11/30 (Thanksgiving/Black Friday)

Magnificent Mile Area - River North area $95

Smoke Free Rooms

Fitness Center

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

Internet access

90% recommended (1,478 total reviews)

On the other hand, Bookit.com has the Swissotel for $96 as the "Deal of the Day"

Can you ID the Mag Mile RN for me? And how would it compare to the Swissotel?

Thanks

Susanne

Thanks for the compliments on the BiddingHelper.com... glad to hear you're enjoying it and finding it useful. :)

To get you started, the HOTWIRE hotel above matches a few properties, with the Hotel Felix, Sheraton Chicago, and Westin River North all being among the likely candidates... i'll leave it to AaronJB to see if it can be filtered down based upon the user reviews/comments as which one(s) may be more likely than the others, as well as how it may compare to the Swissotel.

If you do decide to go for the Swissotel, please use our link to Bookit.com (which i've also linked above)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases if you ultimately decide to go that route.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

So sorry - I was sitting here looking through the forum for the Swissotel and saw that most paid a lot more than $96 a night and after losing the sweet suite deal (ha, how'd I do that) I just did it. I am usually good at clicking your links.

Have you considered making a sticky topic with all available links in the individual forums? Or is there one and am I missing that?

Anyway, I paid $229.53 for the two nights incl. taxes at the Swissotel - and I got a $100 gift card for Restaurant.com for free. Never used Restaurant.com...not sure if any of the restaurants listed there are open for Thanksgiving dinner.

Maybe that would be a question for Aaron :-)

Again, my apologies for pulling the trigger without being able to give you a 'click' - I have only heard of Bookit on here, so you did deserve it.

Not sure if the topic should be renamed? I leave that to you, ok?

I'm not sure about Restaurant.com options open on Thanksgiving, but when I lived downtown there were usually a fair amount of places open on Thanksgiving night. Anne Sather, which is something of an institution on the North side, has had a one-price Thanksgiving dinner (http://www.annsather.com/Restaraunts%20Pages/Thanksgiving_Menu_Belmont.html) previously - I don't think that is on Restaurant.com, but if that is of interest, that's an option.

This Opentable link shows a number of restaurants with Thanksgiving specials: http://www.opentable.com/promo.aspx?pid=1&m=3

Wildberry (130 E Randolph) is just a few blocks from your hotel - that's a good option for pancakes/bacon/eggs/potatoes right near your hotel.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]