Priceline Hotel: 4* San Francisco (Fishermans Wharf) Sheraton Fishermans Wharf

tenerifesharon
By tenerifesharon,
in

I've started looking for a pre-cruise hotel for Sept. 13 - 16, 2014 (!!)and, although I'd be very happy in a Union Square hotel, I'm seeing a 4* FW Express Deal for $85 per night (- the 5% FALL5 discount). Seems VERY cheap. Any good instincts about which hotel it might be? BW Plus Tuscan maybe? Only rated 7/10 (which really isn't high enough for the BW) and includes outdoor pool, free internet in public areas, pets allowed, restaurant, business center, fitness center.

Thanks for any help.

Thanks for the quick responses. I'm in a quandry, because it's still such a long time off for the stay. OTOH the $85 a night price for whatever 4* is pretty amazing. (I have the Radisson reserved using points, but that's a LOT of points to spend.) I hesitate to book just one night to find out the result, because then it might be possible that I wouldn't be able to get the other nights. Decisions, decisions...

Thanks again. Of course, I'll use the booking boxes above (as always ) and post the results whatever I decide to do with this one.

I hesitate to book just one night to find out the result, because then it might be possible that I wouldn't be able to get the other nights.

You can minimize this by searching for the first/last nite and then the other two nites and see if what appears to be the same hotel (based upon the amenities and any other information shown by HOTWIRE) appears for each search. There is always a chance that the hotel doesn't appear after you make the first purchase, but by checking both sets of dates before your make any purchase helps minimize the chance of it disappearing when you go to make the second purchase.

Would both the Sheraton and the Hyatt be acceptable outcomes OR would only one of these work for your needs?

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Haven't booked yet, but do now know that it is (or at least was yesterday) the Sheraton. A fellow cruiser had already booked it at the $86 price and did get the Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf. She had posted a win on our cruisecritic roll-call, but I couldn't get a timely reply from her to find out which hotel she had purchased (did hear from her today). The reviews are not spectacular, and there is mention of a lot of noise from construction of a new subway connection there. Is anyone more familiar with SF than I am about this?

I do have the Radisson reserved -- on points -- for 2 nights, but it's a LOT of points (44,000 per night!), which I'd rather not waste if this might be a decent substitute at the bargain price-point. (And at this price I can buy a bunch of earplugs!)

Will post if I do book it (on the link here, naturally!) Thanks for all the help and advice.

BTW - the same hotel was showing up as a Hotwire purchase at the same price -- but would end up being $10 per night more with the higher charges (and without the FALL5 discount)

Thanks for the info... let us know whatever you decide to do. I don't know what is happening in the area, but with your stay nearly a year away, perhaps any construction in the area will be completed or minimized?

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I bit the bullet, and did get the 4* Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf 9/13 - 9/16/2014 @ $85.00 per night (plus fees of $53.13) (-$12.75 for FALL5)TOTAL $295.38 And if it's too loud....we can sleep during the cruise (since it's 24 nights onboard to Australia)! BTW - I did call the Sheraton and, of course, they said there is no construction going on. But, as you said, it's still almost a year until our stay, so no need to think about it now!

Used the PRICELINE QuickQuote above - and clicked on PRICELINE EXPRESS Deals. Thanks.

Do I need to enter a new topic to show the win??

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]