NC Raleigh-Durham Extended Stay America - Raleigh - Cary - Regency Parkway South

nsxtasy
By nsxtasy,
in

This hotel is rated as a two-star property. I won it through the "Express Deals" function on the Priceline website, click here to see the priceline win.

Note that there are two Extended Stay America properties just down the street from each other, with similar names. This is the one at 3100 Regency Parkway. It's in a nice area, surrounded by other hotels and corporate office buildings.

This hotel is a business suites type property in the economy/value segment of that market. In case folks are not familiar with the concept, I will describe it here, because it's different from more typical hotel properties. These hotels are designed for longer-term stays by people who are typically on business in the area. In general, the room is better (bigger, nicer) than many two-star hotels, but the level of some services is not that high. For example, housekeeping is only performed once a week (unless you're willing to pay an extra charge), although you can exchange linens and towels for clean ones at the front desk at any time. And there aren't bellmen/valets, etc. Which may or may not matter to you, depending on your needs.

The room was outstanding - a huge suite with a living area (couch, work table with two comfortable chairs, large-screen flat panel TV, DVD player), a sleeping area (one of the most comfortable beds I've slept in - a 4 or 5 star type bed), and a complete, separate kitchen with full-size refrigerator, four-burner range, dishwasher, utensils, long counter with two barstools, etc. It was very clean and modern, with modern heat/AC etc. This is an excellent hotel, and for the money, it's not just a bargain - it's a steal!

Regarding the services listed at the time I purchased...

• Free Breakfast - this was a "grab and go" breakfast, consisting of apples, oranges, granola bars, packaged mini-muffins, or toast.
  • Free Internet in room - the standard internet is free, and speed is sufficient for e-mail and web browsing. Thursday night it was speedy enough to watch TV shows, but Sunday it wasn't, showing them with herky-jerky motion. For an optional charge of $4/day or $15/week, you can get a higher-speed priority, but that really wasn't necessary for my needs.
  • Outdoor Swimming Pool - closed for the season
  • Free Parking - yes, and plentiful
  • Pets Allowed - I did not inquire about this, although there are nice grassy areas nearby where I saw people walking dogs.

This hotel was outstanding and perfect for my needs. I loved the room and the area. And it was an incredible bargain. I highly recommend it.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]