Hotwire Hotel: 3* Raleigh - Durham (Raleigh) Hyatt House Raleigh North Hills

tignor
By tignor,
in

Hubby and I considering (not 100%) an overnight Sunday 10/13 in Raleigh. We are thinking of seeing a show at Raleigh Little Theatre, in Cameron Village. http://raleighlittletheatre.org/index.html

Looking at the map, seems like area 6 - Downtown Raleigh, would be the best choice for the area. So that would be our first choice. We could probably do Arena Area, Cary North or Crabtree too but would like to try for Downtown first and foremost. See if we can get a room at $50-ish or less for a 3* or 3.5*, do you think that is possible? We'd take advice, as well, if there are other ideas. Hotwire has a 3* in Raleigh Downtown for $53...

Did you want to try for a 3.5* first up to your limit OR is the goal the least expensive 3* or better for this stay? Also, for the first round of bidding, only the Downtown-NCSU? What is the actual amount of your maximum bid ($50, $53, $55, $58??)

Let us know the above and we will suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

When bidding 3.5* in the Raleigh region you have SIX re-bid zones... at the 3* level you have THREE re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 3.5* Downtown-NCSU...

Bid $45, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $48, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $50, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $52, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $54, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $56, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $58, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3* Downtown-NCSU...

Bid $50, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $53, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $55, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $58

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

:( No dice.

There is a 3* room on HOTWIRE at $54. You don't have just "Raleigh" on your Hotwire Hotel List so I'm not sure you can figure this one out, but thinking of booking it anyway:

Amenities:

Free Parking

Free Breakfast

Free Internet

Pool(s)

Self service laundry

Internet access

ETA: This is very interesting. The 3* $54 price comes up when I look it up on Hotwire directly at that price (using the link here of course). I get a $50 3* using the Bidding Helper tool here with the same Amenities. Same hotel? Why the $4 price difference?

HOTWIRE often fluctuates the price by a few dollars from one search to the next (and each tab is considered a separate search) so sometimes you'll see the price for the same amenity set a little cheaper in one tab vs. the other... just buy whichever is least expensive. ;)

I don't know which property this is, but this is how i would play it...

Change your search to 2adults/2children and a 'new' 3* hotel is offered in this zone with:

Free Parking

Complimentary Breakfast

Free Internet

Pet Friendly

Smoke Free

Fitness

Pool

Business

Laundry

Hi-Speed Internet

While i'm not confident about the ID of this hotel either, this property also shows a 4.5/5.0 TA rating which is excellent. I'm seeing this property offered for $53/nite in both tabs, and while it may be the same hotel as above (with the above 'hiding' some of the amenities), i would sooner pay the extra $3/nite to ensure a high quality hotel with a 4.5 TA rating.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

OK, I did that. I don't have any children so I hope I don't have to borrow any for the trip. They may not enjoy Spring Awakening...

Here's what I won:

Hyatt House Raleigh North Hills- 3.0-star hotel

160 Park At North Hills, Raleigh, NC, 27609

Rate for the same (2 adults, 2 children) on their website is $143/night. 2 adults only is same price. Hotel is 11 minutes from the theatre and 8 minutes from our favorite pizza restaurant, not bad. Plus it seems like a very nice hotel. Very pleased. Thank you for all of your help!

Congratulations on your success!

Sounds like this will be quite convenient for your plans and glad t see it worked out so well. It's never an issue showing up with fewer guests then you have actually booked for... it's only the other way around, booking for less and showing up with more, that can become an issue.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and helping us add this property to the Hotwire Hotel List.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]