Priceline Hotel: 3* DC (White House - Downtown) Residence Inn Washington, DC Downtown

CrazyOne
By CrazyOne,
in

This is a nice win thanks to the Better Bidding community. I did start with the PRICELINE link; I hope through all my variations it still credits properly.

Started at $60 and received counter offer of $74, then $63, then win at $66. Having two 2* zones sure is handy. There was a PRICELINE EXPRESS Deal at $76 that appeared to be this property. Assuming the 10% Express Deal coupon for today applied, I didn't beat that by very much, but that's okay.

Note if anyone else is looking for this weekend at last minute, it said I could extend stay for same price.

This is a total departure from my usual "always bid 4* and up" theory for DC. In looking at the hotel list it seems none of the listed 3* for the White House zone right now are really that awful. In the past, this zone would have a couple of iffy 3*. Of course, you get a lot more rebid opportunities if you bid for 4*, but I didn't think it would be worth the additional $30+ it looked like it was going to cost me. (I originally bid 4* up to $90 in White House and Capitol Hill zones; probably Dupont would have been a little less but I wanted to be over here. Express for those was in the low $100.)

I want to particularly thank user "geronimo" who a few weeks ago posted a very similar scenario with the same property. If I hadn't seen that, I probably wouldn't have had thought to go after the 3* place. Thanks!

I also would note, for anyone playing with this, that the Express Deal offers will vary in price sometimes even as you are going along. Flipping over to the Express Deals tab while in the middle of rebidding may net you a lower Express price than it shows when you first look at the Express before bidding.

Congratulations on your success!

Looks like an excellent deal for a 'downtown' DC property. For most us, like yourself, it mostly comes down to value... we prefer the higher rated hotels, but if dropping a half or full star rating can cut the cost in half, that is often a better deal.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]