Hotwire Hotel: 2.5* Columbus North

moreofless
By moreofless,
in

My guess for this property would be a new amenity set for the Best Western Plus Columbus North. This property does get a low 2.5/5.0 TA rating so i would proceed with caution, but if you are interested in this property, let us know as i think there is a better way to play it.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 weeks later...

I had a very bad experience with this Country Inn and Suites location. Do you want the details of my experience posted here? I would suggest everyone carefully consider before booking a room at this address no matter if it is a Country Inn and Suites or another brand:

Country Inn & Suites Columbus - North

1111 Mediterranean Avenue, Columbus, OH 43229

Did you purchase this thru PRICELINE or HOTWIRE OR did you use your back-up reservation?

If PRICELINE or HOTWIRE, please start with the details of your win (star rating, city, zone, room rate per nite, dates of your stay, and if HOTWIRE the amenities shown before your purchase (you can still view this information by going to hot.wrie and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page)

Then feel free to share your experience at this property if you'd like.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 10 months later...

I guess I was not clear.  I did stay at this property and it was terrible.  This property was in the process of losing the County Inn & Suites brand.  I think it is now a Lexington Inn and I would strongly discourage anyone from staying there unless they have done major renovations.  I would not stay at this property even if they did renovations unless it had different owners.

What isn't clear is if you used your back-up reservation OR if you received this thru PRICELINE or HOTWIRE?

I booked this using the Country Inn & Suites website.  In general I have found Country Inn & Suites to be very good properties.  This location listed a very competitive price.  What I found out when I arrives is they were in the process of losing the County Inn & Suites brand and the place was a mess.

Thank you for closing the thread, sorry that the stay was such a disappointment. :(

After vigorously complaining to the manager on the phone while driving to the event I was in town for, my money was refunded.  I sent an email to Country Inn & Suites management.  They went above and beyond to restore my faith in their brand and my next two stays in one of their properties was exceptional.  This location is now a Lexington Inn.  I would recommend anyone considering this property read as many reviews as they can before making up their mind.

Even the most reputable brands can have a bad property.  Do your homework!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]