Hotwire Hotel: Beverly Hills/Westwood 4.5*

bluesramsrock
By bluesramsrock,
in

Hi Jacqui - While the Los Angeles Country Club is indeed near the Century Plaza, the chances of any of us being allowed to play there are about as high as Jack Nicklaus or Tiger Woods giving us private golf lessons - the LACC is one of the most "blue-blood" private courses in the USA. The better of the two courses is rated in the top 50 in the world by Golf Digest, and the PGA and the USGA have wanted to play the PGA Championship or the US Open there, but they refuse (they make Hootie Johnson and Augusta look human and compassionate) :)

However, your hunch may still be correct, because there is another golf course near the CP that is open to public play - going south (to Pico Boulevard), you'll find Rancho Park Golf Course. I'd wager that this is the golf course being referred to.

As for the hotel: I just checked HotWire (picking a random date) and the 4.5 star that came up with the golf indicator also indicatesd a spa - I know that the Century Plaza added a very elaborate spa within the last couple of years, so there is even more circumstantial evidence. The other possibility is the Park Hyatt (on the same street as the Century Plaza) - however, I looked at their website and they don't list a spa (just a health club).

As a point of reference, boththe Century Plaza and the Park Hyatt are 4* properties on Priceline.

BluesRamRock,

Could you please indicate all of the amenities Hotwire shows for this property. If you didn't write them down before purchasing, you can still view them by going to Hotwire's homepage and clicking on MY ACCOUNT on the top right.

I suspect that these are the amenities, but i'd like to make sure i get it right:

Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Business Center, Golf, Spa

THANKS!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]