Priceline Hotel: 4* Madrid (Royal Palace - Plaza de Espana - Old Town) Nh Ribera De Manzanares

smartcookie
By smartcookie,
in

Hi,

I'm trying to book a hotel in Madrid in the Royal Palace - Plaza de Espana - Old Town area for 1 night checking in Sunday, October 20, 2013. We are two people traveling and have a stopover on the way back to the US from Morocco.

I tried bidding $55 for a 4*, but was declined. Priceline is offering me the following "Express Deals". I assume I may be able to win them at a better price as well. What hotels do you think they might be?

1. 3*, Guest Rating 8.0, WiFi, Bed choice available - $62

2. 4*, Guest Rating 7.0, Restaurant, Bed choice avialable - $81

I always the PRICELINE and [url="http://www.betterbidding.com/clicks/click.php?afsrc=1&id=33"]HOTWIRE[/url] links from this board for my purchase!

With just one (common) amenity showing for each property, and about 50+ hotels available at each star level in this zone, i don't have any insight into either one of these. However, i would be cautious of the 3* hotel as star ratings in Europe are a bit more generous then their US counterparts, and i would expect more of a 2*/2.5* experience then something at the upper end of what you may be accustomed to at the 3 star level.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know whatever you decide to do for this stay or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Tried again today for a 4* at $60 and didn't get it. But got the following message, so sounds like I'm close.

"If you are willing to raise your price by $12 to $72 per room, per night, you can try the same request again right now."

I always the PRICELINE and [url="http://www.betterbidding.com/clicks/click.php?afsrc=1&id=33"]HOTWIRE[/url] links from this board for my purchase!

Just trying to hit the lowest between $61 and $72. Still have time, so I'm happy to raise the bid a couple dollars each day.

You do have two "free rebid" zones for 4* Madrid bidding. If you aren't familiar with the technique, there is lots more explanation in the FAQs.

By using them in each bidding session, you can work up more quickly, or use smaller increments. Or best yet, you keep using a range of bids so each time you re-check the lower levels for new offers.

Romelle

Example:

Day 1 62, 64, 66

Day 2 68, 70, 72

Days 3&4 - repeat pattern

Or all sorts of other variations....

I actually didn't realize there were any zones that didn't have 4 or 5* hotels. Just found two and tried $62, and won. The hotel is Nh Ribera Del Manzanares. It comes out to $76 after taxes, which is the same as a non-refundable rate on Hotels.com after taxes ($69 + taxes = $76).....Trying for Best Price Guarantee.

Ugh...they refuse to grant the Best Price Guarantee because the Priceline total price is 10 cents lower than the Hotels.com price. :( Found a lower rate on Easyclicktravel.com, so trying with that. It shows as $73 vs. $76.

After speaking to 3 reps (first 2 online), I was able to get the Best Price Guarantee adjustment due to the $0.32 difference in price compared to two other websites. So they're refunding me $25.32 per their guarantee. This win is much better with this adjustment considering the hotel is a good 15 min walk from the center. However, it looks brand new and modern and has fantastic reviews, and offers free WiFi. :)

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you were able to make a successful Priceline Best Rate Guarantee claim and turned this into a very nice deal.

Thank you for using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding and sharing your win, helping us add this property to the Priceline Hotel List.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]