Priceline Hotel: 3* Newark - Meadowlands (Newark) Best Western Plus Robert Treat Hotel

Memphis_Guy
By Memphis_Guy,
in

I started bidding a couple of days ago. I have to go to a wedding in the area that weekend, so I scheduled a meeting with some Customs / Border Patrol / Homeland Security people to get a Global Entry pass. You can only get those in certain places, and the Newark Airport is one of them.

I have a meeting in the morning on 10/11 at the airport, and I don't want to stay very far away from there.

I started at 3* at EWR for $52. Added West Jersey. Added Newark (downtown). Added 2.5*. I've bid all the way up to $72.

I can get the Country Inn and Suites for $89 (plus tax, total of $114) through the Express Deal section.

Should I just cut my losses and book the Express Deal? Or should I wait a few days and see if the price goes down?

Unfortunately nobody can say if rates will come down, or move even higher, between now and your stay... but if the PRICELINE EXPRESS offer is for the Country Inn and Suites it is about a $50 savings vs. a conventionally booked room at this time, plus if you have any 'down time' there is a mall nearby that you can walk to in order to spend some time.

Are you flying into the area? Not renting a car? Will you have any extra time that you want to explore/sightsee?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I was previously confused about your plans this trip, i think i have it straight now...

Based upon your needs the Country Inn and Suites deal seems to be a good choice... you could also look at the Secaucus-North Bergen or Meadowlands-Rutherford, each which would put you about 15-20 minutes from EWR, but it doesn't look like you'll be saving too much by doing so, and you'd be giving up a little of the convenience of staying closer to your meeting at the airport.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases. (if you do go with the PRICELINE EXPRESS deal please remember to include the amenities associated with the property before your purchase)

Let us know whatever you decide to do and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I've been trying for several days to get a hotel not far from the Newark airport.

Today, I got an email from Priceline asking me to try again, and I clicked on the link in my email without thinking and began bidding. Only after I won did I realize that I should have logged in here first and clicked on the PRICELINE link in the forum. Oops. Sorry, friends. I really blew it. I'll do better next time.

This morning I started at 2.5* in Newark Airport EWR at $67. No win. Added West Jersey City and increased to $72. No win. Added Newark and increased to $77. Win.

Downtown Newark was acceptable to me, but I wonder: if I had been bidding ONLY in that area, could I have gotten the room for less? We'll never know.

Free internet, Free parking, and Free breakfast make this a pretty good deal. Also, a fridge in every room.

Tripadvisor gives this a 73% satisfaction rate and lists this hotel as #7 out of 21 hotels in Newark.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]