Priceline Hotel: 4* Orange County (Disneyland - Anaheim South - Orange - Garden Grove) Hyatt Regency Orange County

luismex
By luismex,
in

Hi i am going back to disneyland on 10-03-13 to 10-07-13 i tried bidding on PRICELINE, as always used link on forum. My lowest acceptable star rating is 3.5 below is a log of my bidding activity, of which i had no success tonight. i would appreciate any ideas/tips from anyone:

1. 4*Disneyland - Anaheim Convention Center - Garden Grove $60 - Rejected

2. add 3.5* re-bid zone $65 Rejected

3. add re-bid zone $70 Rejected

4. add re-bid zone $74 Rejected

5. add re-bid zone $78 Rejected

6. add re-bid zone $81 Rejected

7. add re-bid zone $84 Rejected

8. add re-bid zone $87 Rejected

let me also add that i was using a $7 off per night coupon that i received in my inbox today from Priceline.

HOTWIRE has a 3.5* for $93/nite with:

Fitness

Pool

Restaurant

Business

Hi-Speed Internet

I have my doubts but i think this may be the Doubletree Anaheim-Orange (a second guess would be the Crowne Plaza Resort Anaheim-Garden Grove). One risk is if not either of these properties, then the 3.5* HOTWIRE property above could actually be a 3* rated hotel with PRICELINE.

Do you want to bid higher up to $92/$93 or take this HOTWIRE offer?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

thereuare, thanks for the reply. When you say doubletree on your reply above are you referencing the Doubletree located @ 100 The City Dr S, Orange? The reason i ask is because i would hate to get stuck with that hotel as it is pretty far away from the park and plus their shuttle service is not the best, is very limited.

I would not mind sticking with Priceline, and increasing my bid all the way to $99.00 or so.

in advanced thanks for the help.

Yes, that is the property i was referring to, but given that this property is also 3.5* rated on PRICELINE, how do you intend to avoid it when bidding? There is a chance that you bid higher then the HOTWIRE rate and still receive this same property (but paying more than you could have for it).

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

When i look at the "Disneyland - Anaheim Convention Center - Garden Grove" area i see that the Doubletree Hotel that is located on 100 The City Dr S, Orange, CA 92868 is actually not part of zone 8 which is the new "Disneyland - Anaheim Convention Center - Garden Grove" area. The Doubletree that is located on City Dr. is actually part of zone 16 which or "Orange". Now i do know that there is another Doubletree hotel right on S harbor blvd. and i would be ok with that one.

When i look at the "Disneyland - Anaheim Convention Center - Garden Grove" area i see that the Doubletree Hotel that is located on 100 The City Dr S, Orange, CA 92868 is actually not part of zone 8 which is the new "Disneyland - Anaheim Convention Center - Garden Grove" area. The Doubletree that is located on City Dr. is actually part of zone 16 which or "Orange".

OK, i hadn't looked at the updated zones... so are you looking to bid now on PRICELINE for a 3.5* hotel in the Disneyland - Anaheim Convention Center - Garden Grove zone up to $99/nite?

Note that PRICELINE EXPRESS has this 3.5* Disneyland - Anaheim Convention Center - Garden Grove property for $78/nite... there is also THIS 4 STAR HOTEL for $115 and 10% off brings it down to $104/nite which is just over your $99 budget if you really want a 4* and your current bids at this star rating are being rejected.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

My patience finally paid off.

This morning I did another search using the BiddingHelper.com tool on this site and noticed that prices during my planned vacation were $90 a night on HOTWIRE and based on the amenities listed i knew it was the Hyatt which i like a lot.

so i decided to try Priceline, I followed the PRICELINE link on this site, to see if i can get it for lower than $90. This is how it went.

BIDDING ACTIVITY:

1. 4*Disneyland - Anaheim Convention Center - Garden Grove $77 ---(Rejected) I was offer to raised my bid by $15 to $92 however i declined since i knew i was pretty close.

2. add re-bid zone $82: SUCCESS...

Offer Price:

avg. per room, per night

$82.00

Rooms: 1

Nights: 4 + Add nights for the same rate!

Room Subtotal: $328.00

Taxes & Fees: $55.68

Total Charged to Card: $383.68

I got the Hyatt Regency Orange County I have stayed in this hotel in the past and is very nice Super Excited!!!!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]